Looking for NES game scans....

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
wclem
Next-Gen

Looking for NES game scans....

Post by wclem »

My copy of Metal Gear for the NES has a torn label and I would like to print one out to replace it. I have some glossy labels that would work for this but no scan. I am not even sure anyone has done this.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
rainnyx4
24-bit

Re: Looking for NES game scans....

Post by rainnyx4 »

wclem wrote:My copy of Metal Gear for the NES has a torn label and I would like to print one out to replace it. I have some glossy labels that would work for this but no scan. I am not even sure anyone has done this.

Most stuff can be found here: http://www.thecoverproject.net/index.php

Metal Gear: http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?game_id=2682
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

I am sorry, I should have been more specific. I am looking for the cartridge label.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
HappehLemons
32-bit

Post by HappehLemons »

I would suggest using that scan he posted of the cover and resizing it to fit the NES label resolution, that's a pretty high quality scan and is basically the same as the label on the NES game. With a small amount of editing on photoshop you could get it to look exactly the same all you need is the top of it game, but since that is just text you could add that part yourself.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Yeah I was thinking of trying that. It should work, thanks.