Radarscope1's collection, and evolving living room

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Radarscope1's collection, and evolving living room

Post by RadarScope1 »

I've never posted my stuff here on the forum, but always wanted to. Now I'm about to upgrade my setup at home, so I took pics of the current setup I've had for a while and I'll post pics of the new one when it goes up. This isn't quite everything I have but it's most of it. It's mostly my NES stuff, and I'm trying to collect all 33 of the "black box" games with the iconic pixel art. I have all but about three or four and I have a 10 CIB. I also try to go for space savings with my SNES 2 and Genesis 3.

I can't get the stuff to post directly (yeah I'm a damn idiot) so here's a flickr link. The pics are in reverse order, though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeandmo/tags/games/

Edit: OK I got my shit together, so here's a couple of pics of the NES games.

And I've got pics of my new TV and set up later in the thread.
Last edited by RadarScope1 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thejamessea
24-bit

Re: Radarscope1's collection, and evolving living room

Post by thejamessea »

Wow, where'd you get those wireless Genesis Controllers??
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

eBay, I believe. They're official Sega. They actually work - they're not too finicky at all. Love the way it looks with my Genesis 3!
molotovwars
Next-Gen

Post by molotovwars »

Yeah I like the wireless genesis controllers, took me a few weeks to find them on ebay
shallowgamer
128-bit

Post by shallowgamer »

RadarScope1 wrote:It's mostly my NES stuff, and I'm trying to collect all 33 of the "black box" games with the iconic pixel art. I have all but about three or four and I have a 10 CIB.

Million dollar question: Are you going to put your money into a complete "stack up"?

Awesome collection. I like the black box idea, it gives a real sense of nostalgia to anyone that played in that era.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

Yeah, I do plan to get a complete copy of Stack Up after I win the lottery... I'll get one some day.

Nostalgia is THE reason I like collecting the BB games. When you saw one of those covers at Christmas or a b-day you knew you were in for a good time.
shallowgamer
128-bit

Post by shallowgamer »

RadarScope1 wrote:Yeah, I do plan to get a complete copy of Stack Up after I win the lottery... I'll get one some day.

Nostalgia is THE reason I like collecting the BB games. When you saw one of those covers at Christmas or a b-day you knew you were in for a good time.

More power to ya! As for my R.O.B., it's currently my bathroom attendant in my gameroom. He's really good at offering mints, not so good at playing gyromite succesfully.
andythebadass
32-bit

Post by andythebadass »

thats a great collection! i was impressed with the snes rpg's and sheer amount of nes games. The boxed nes games are just beautful *tear*

Systems: NES, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, Virtual Boy, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, PS3
Portables: Gameboy, Neo Geo Pocket Color, DS, PSP, iPhone
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

So here's my old setup. I went from this:

To this:

I'll post some more pics of my new retro setup a little later. It's not quite finished yet. I'm thinking of hooking my model 1 SNES to this TV because it's got a pretty damn decent picture with s-video. I also don't own a Dreamcast and I'm thinking of getting one for some recent-retro flavor on the big screen.
superlarz
128-bit

Post by superlarz »

nice improvement.... definitely get a dreamcast if that tv can support vga... you will be impressed...
owned: Atari VCS, Intellivision, ColecoVision, NES, NES2, Sega Master System, Turbografx-16, Genesis/Sega CD Model 1, Genesis/Sega CD Model 2/32x, SNES, Atari Jaguar, Virtual Boy, GBA, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, PSone, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3
wanted: Cd-I, Neo Geo AES