game room decorations - where you may be able to find some

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
ravenmgs
24-bit

Post by ravenmgs »

I am an AirBrush artist, I'll upload some of the stuff I've put in my room some time.
I have some pretty elaborate work, lol.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

ravenmgs wrote:I am an AirBrush artist, I'll upload some of the stuff I've put in my room some time.
I have some pretty elaborate work, lol.

You should post some pictures!
marurun

Post by marurun »

I know game stores in Japan often put out old posters for people to take for free. I have several. They're not framed or hung up, rather still rolled up in tubes, but I have an awesome Sega Rally poster. I may sell or ebay some of my game store posters since they're all Saturn and Dreamcast stuff. I just need to inventory them.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
wyatt
32-bit

Post by wyatt »

metaleggman wrote: Why do they have to be destroyed? :?:

I can only guess. Anything remotely putting a thorn in the companies ass for no profit isn't gonna happen. For the amount of material we get in, across the whole store, it would be quite a hassle to distribute it. Demand for twelve foot Spiderman or Transformer standups could lead to bribery. Customers not getting what they want would cry favoritism amongst employees (duh). A lot of displays are screwed, glued and nailed together so they stay set up just so, and are unfit for a child. Some displays are granted space by a manufacturer who pays for that, and part of their deal is the destruction after the display period. It is far easier to blanket it, "Destroy it all."
Let my legs shake me to sleep, and don't wake me when I sweat on my sheets.
tHePhAnToM!??!
24-bit

Post by tHePhAnToM!??! »

yah when i worked at k b toy stores we had to do the same thing, destroy or throw away the advertisement shit. one day i was cleaning the top of the video game casings. and i saw this playstation 2 sign. i was like hey javier(assistant manager) can i take this shit home? yeah go ahead we dont need it anymore. i was like fuck yah. lol i even have a pringles chip display waiting for me at work to bring home. its a pretty sturdy 3 shelved unit. i do not have room for it though. the fishes would not want to share more than they already have.
"I'm killin you 'cause i can!"
Raz1r
24-bit

Post by Raz1r »

racketboy wrote:Just a bit pricey.
The affordable ones aren't very big either...

Well, I bought the Seth Fisher remembrance print for $20. It was 15" x 22". There are few others under $100 with that size, but if you like art like me, you'll love them. I plan on getting a few more, they really add something to the room.