gaming tvs - recommendations?

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

shallowgamer wrote:
But what about some of the newer Dreamcast shooters (many of which support rotating in the game)

Many of those would look sweet teamed up with a VGA adapter

Good point- does every game that supports VGA list it on the back of the case? I'm looking at my "Under Defeat" case, and I'm not seeing it. Of course, none of it's in English either.

I don't know about Under Defeat yet because its so new, but you can find a compatibility list here:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2006/05/ ... -list.html

I'll need to try Under Defeat with VGA sometime...
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

Post by grittykitty »

hoo hoo! digging up the dinosaur topics - i like that :)

anyway, i bought a tv back in july at best buy since it was on sale. 27" sharp flat panel, 300 bucks. it'll last me a couple years until i make another big move (maybe back to japan?) in the future i will probably get a small tv or hopefully an lcd that i can rotate sideways for the dreamcast shooters (i love shooters, especially when they have the screen rotate option) would like to hear if under defeat is vga compatible
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

racketboy wrote:
I don't know about Under Defeat yet because its so new, but you can find a compatibility list here:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2006/05/ ... -list.html

I'll need to try Under Defeat with VGA sometime...

It does.
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

grittykitty wrote:hoo hoo! digging up the dinosaur topics - i like that :)

anyway, i bought a tv back in july at best buy since it was on sale. 27" sharp flat panel, 300 bucks. it'll last me a couple years until i make another big move (maybe back to japan?) in the future i will probably get a small tv or hopefully an lcd that i can rotate sideways for the dreamcast shooters (i love shooters, especially when they have the screen rotate option) would like to hear if under defeat is vga compatible
IF you want one you can rotate, get a widescreen or even regular computer LCD panel. They can usually be pretty cheap, while allowing for rotation for peeps if they want it! Just make sure to get one with AT MOST 8ms response time. 5 or 6 is usu better but if you can get one with 1-3 than you are good to go :wink: