My collection

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Tercoil
24-bit

My collection

Post by Tercoil »

Hey i started really 'collecting' consoles about a month ago, i'm 16 and ever since i was a kid i've loved games which were of previous generations. Although i could only play them on emulators... i finally decided to go and get some retro consoles and now rather than just my ps2 and wii i have aquired in a month a dreamcast, snes, nes and n64

here are some pictures

Mozgus wrote:
aaron wrote:hit it and quit it. i am certain mozgus is correct.

The problem with that advice is that the "quit it" portion of the process becomes much more complicated after the "hit it" maneuver has been completed. Much easier to "quit it" before all else.
DaGamingMonkey
128-bit

Re: My collection

Post by DaGamingMonkey »

Kirby's Adventure, I love that game.
Good start if only a month ago.
I started at about that age, hit up swap meets yard sales and thrift stores.
The small amount of income I had went a long way shopping those places for my games.
Tercoil
24-bit

Post by Tercoil »

Haha yeh, i love kirby adventure, such a great game!!
and yeh i gotta start goin to some yard sales and stuff
Mozgus wrote:

The problem with that advice is that the "quit it" portion of the process becomes much more complicated after the "hit it" maneuver has been completed. Much easier to "quit it" before all else.
thetooth
24-bit

Post by thetooth »

awww all i have is a Wii, Gamecube, n64 and broken SNES i have NO income at all and going to turn 16 in 3months so lets see if i am lucky enof to afford stuff when I'm older :p
Saturn, SNES, NGC, Wii, DSi, GBA, GBA Micro, PSX, PS2 and every emulator ever made :P
IcKy99
Next-Gen

Post by IcKy99 »

Same here buddy Im 19 and have had at least every major console at least once in my childhood (i would break them, then my parents would buy me the next one). I had my first Atari 7800 before i could walk (it was my parents wedding gift). But I have just recently started to collect the consoles of my past, just about a month ago too. Only a month in and i already acquired: NES, SNES, GENESIS, DREAMCAST, SATURN, and a NEO GEO AES. Im still looking for a N64 (my sis has one but im not allowed to use it >:P) Ill post some pics later on! :mrgreen:
Citizin
24-bit

Post by Citizin »

Not bad but you should definitely look into a different table/cabinet/entertainment center or whatever so it can hold all of your consoles.
Tercoil
24-bit

Post by Tercoil »

haha yeh i know, i need a cabinet or some shelving, but since its in the lounge room, mum doesnt want shelves full of gaming stuff... maybe at a later time i will pick something up
Mozgus wrote:

DaGamingMonkey
128-bit

Post by DaGamingMonkey »

yea the older consoles do have a.... basement look.... to them.
Especial Nintendo. They all stay seperate for the time being from the main tv.

Have a slim ps2 and I love that so much space saved compared to the first ps2
shallowgamer
128-bit

Post by shallowgamer »

DaGamingMonkey wrote:Kirby's Adventure, I love that game.
Good start if only a month ago.
I started at about that age, hit up swap meets yard sales and thrift stores.
The small amount of income I had went a long way shopping those places for my games.

Yup, swap meets were an awesome place to pick up games/systems back in the day; until people decided that all their crap was worth a mint because they "saw one of these here Ataris go fer 300 bucks on that there internet"
Tercoil
24-bit

Post by Tercoil »

lol yeh, i gotta hit up some swap meets, just gotta find some around my area...
Mozgus wrote: