TV Dilema!

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
slowslow325
Next-Gen

TV Dilema!

Post by slowslow325 »

I have a lot of retro consoles. Soon, I will be getting consoles with better graphics. But this brings me to the question; TV should I use? I have to have a curved CRT TV for my retro consoles so it isn't blurred on an LCD TV and my light guns have horrible aim on flat screen TVs.

So I need to put a Curved CRT TV for my retro consoles and an LCD TV for current consoles in my game room. I have space for two TVs, but it looks horrible. So I have to hide a TV. What TV should I hide because I use the retro consoles more, but the LCD would look better.
Funk, E
128-bit

Re: TV Dilema!

Post by Funk, E »

Use a sliding door or curtain so it's not an issue.
opticledilusi0n
32-bit

Post by opticledilusi0n »

what sort of magical lcd or lightguns do you have that actually work kind of on a non-crt ?!!?!
fox099
64-bit

Post by fox099 »

maybe just have two different rooms? to much stuff will look cluttered and tacky anyways.
Consoles Owned: Nintendo SNES, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GBA, Sony PSX, PS2, PS3, Sega Master, Microsoft XBox
RackGaki
128-bit

Post by RackGaki »

How about some pics? Since you're considering decor and not just the gaming setup, it would be nice to see what we have to work with.

Otherwise, throw a velour blanket over the CRT and put a flower vase on top. Kick it over when ready to game.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Another option available is to have the two TVs in separate rooms. Right now I have most of my consoles (the ones that output S-video and up) hooked up to my LCD, while my NES and Genesis are hooked up to my CRT. The LCD is in my living room, while the CRT is in my bedroom.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

opticledilusi0n wrote:what sort of magical lcd or lightguns do you have that actually work kind of on a non-crt ?!!?!

There's the EMS TopGun II for LCDs. ;)
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

Post by Unleaded Logic »

I never knew flat screen crt's had an issue with light guns...damn..that may be an issue for me soon.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

Unleaded Logic wrote:I never knew flat screen crt's had an issue with light guns...damn..that may be an issue for me soon.

Sometimes the don't and it depends on what light gun you use. But occasionally the aiming will be off (more than that of a curved CRT).