My (somewhat weak) collection.

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

goaferboy wrote:
vlame wrote:i want those dc cases. are those custom?

The game cases? They're just the UK cases. This is what they look like from the front:

those cases are fucking sexy.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

they're actually very annoying to be honest they constantly break and crack and they're awkward to stack without some proprietary shelving system - I was more than happy when I got my first JAP cd's in normal CD cases...
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

That collection is good, not weak, also i agree that UK DC games are a pain to store but i also agree they are VERY,VERY, SeXy.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
nick944
64-bit

Post by nick944 »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:That collection is good, not weak, also i agree that UK DC games are a pain to store but i also agree they are VERY,VERY, SeXy.
I only have Shenmue II, but I love the PAL cases. (other than one of the hinges that broke in the mail) Though, I really like the design of all the DC cases too, except for those white NTSC U/C ones.
silverback
24-bit

Post by silverback »

some of the uk megadrive 1's had the red bit at the power button instead of the grey one. Mines rey but I had one which had the red bit.

DC cases look great but as stated they easily crack and break.

Its a good collection, you got all the boxes or what?
goaferboy
16-bit

Post by goaferboy »

I don't have the boxes for any of them. None of them came with boxes. I probably wouldn't keep them anyway, I have a habit of cluttering up the place as it is!

Some people mentioned getting the consoles first then not having to worry about whether or not you have the console when you see a game you want. Thats exactly what I'm doing. Get as many consoles as possible first, then worry about games. Except in the SNES' case, I have ordered Stunt Race FX and Starfox but don't have a SNES yet!

And every collector needs a holy grail. I think I have found mine (other than Panzer Dragoon Saga as previously mentioned)
Behold

Edit: Look what my favourite mailman brought me today:

Complete with plug, Sonic, Primal Rage, Ristar and 4 in 1 game.
God damn I hate the internet.
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

interesting Holy Grail

mine has always been just a good ol' proper NeoGeo, especially one of those custom ones with nice red and white phono outputs...
goaferboy
16-bit

Post by goaferboy »

Yeah, the net yaroze is one of those consoles I completely forgot about. I can pretty much guarantee I'll never own one, but everyone needs an unachievable goal to keep them going. Thats mine I think. Panzer Dragoon Saga is the attainable dream at the minute.

Someone mention that I needed more games? Just found my Saturn stash along with some FF action! I'm sure some are missing (Christmas Nights, Nights and Burning Rangers spring to mind).

goaferboy
16-bit

Post by goaferboy »

More updates:

Found Burning Rangers, Nights and Virtua Cop. Still no sign of Christmas Nights though.

And these showed up (with the exception of the Game Genie which I found in a drawer):

I like VMUs so much, I figured I need a boxed mint one. Still has the tab in the back. The Saturn memory card was mainly for practicality since my battery is kaput. Although I do have 4 batteries on the way.
Why I bought SNES games when I have no SNES and a NES when I have no NES games I'll never know! Also, anyone know a good way to bring the NES back to white? The console is good, but the flap is yellowish.