Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Ideas for multiple consoles next to a monitor on a desk?

by SuperDerpBro Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:40 pm

I have a space on my desk to the left of my main 27 inch monitor. The space about 23 inches wide. The other side has a secondary 24 inch monitor and then my gaming PC.

I am trying to think of a way to get a few HDMI consoles in that space (without standing them on their sides). I would like to have, from bottom up, my small form factor PC (for emulators). og360, PS3 Slim, ogPS4. Probably add a Wii U soon.

Anyone got any ideas? They used to sell console stackers in the PS3/360 days and i actually had a couple but sold them :/.
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
marurun

Re: Ideas for multiple consoles next to a monitor on a desk?

by marurun Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:40 am

SuperDerpBro wrote:I have a space on my desk to the left of my main 27 inch monitor. The space about 23 inches wide. The other side has a secondary 24 inch monitor and then my gaming PC.

I am trying to think of a way to get a few HDMI consoles in that space (without standing them on their sides). I would like to have, from bottom up, my small form factor PC (for emulators). og360, PS3 Slim, ogPS4. Probably add a Wii U soon.

Anyone got any ideas? They used to sell console stackers in the PS3/360 days and i actually had a couple but sold them :/.

Get some of those plastic or metal stackable in/out trays like people keep on their desks.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

by SuperDerpBro Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:27 pm

That's actually a clever idea! However, looking around i cant find any that would fit consoles :(. PS4, for example, is almost 11 inches wide, 2 inches tall and 12 inches long.

EDIT: This one is a bit wide but something like this may work https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/seville-cl ... 0196308925
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

by SuperDerpBro Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:15 pm

Looking around for TOO long. Can't find anything "perfect" lol. Guess i will just buy some black wire shelves, zip ties, and do what i did last year. Hopefully new ones will be less bent than the thrift store ones i used and look better hehehe

Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:25 pm

Is making something out of the question?

If you were to make such a thing out of wood, a drill and a circular saw is really all you need.

You could make something neat out of plexiglass. You can cut plexiglass fairly easily by just scoring it with a blade (use a straight edge) and snapping it. You can assemble the pieces with super glue. That could look pretty neat, and would be fairly easy to do.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

by SuperDerpBro Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:10 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Is making something out of the question?

Pretty much lol. I would LOVE to be able to build all kinds of things but i would just make a huge ugly mess. heh
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:44 pm

Aw man, I wanted to see some game consoles on a plexiglass shelf !
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:53 pm

SuperDerpBro wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:Is making something out of the question?
Pretty much lol. I would LOVE to be able to build all kinds of things but i would just make a huge ugly mess. heh

I built custom shelves using leftover laminate wood flooring and vertical wood legs. So easy, all that is needed is a handheld back saw (if no table saw) and finish nails. Each layer stacks on each other allowing easy expansion. For your consoles, the thin flooring keeps the shelving space saving and the vertical legs allow for air cooling.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

SuperDerpBro
128-bit

by SuperDerpBro Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:28 pm

Hmmm.. that would actually be perfect if it was a little deeper and a little less wide. Can you give me slightly more detail?

Buy cheap hand saw
Buy finishing nails
Hammer - check
What kind of wood?
How does a dummy like me make it square? haha.

My brother is actually a carpenter. Well Ice Road Trucker ATM but mostly carpenter. But i have not wanted to bother him with silly game stuff. Maybe i will.

Wish you cold still buy these. Used to have 3 :(

Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:06 pm

SuperDerpBro wrote:What kind of wood?

Pine.

SuperDerpBro wrote:How does a dummy like me make it square? haha.

With a square.
Return to Game Rooms & Home Theater