Game Console Storage

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Jerkface Killah
32-bit

Game Console Storage

Post by Jerkface Killah »

Hey All,

Does anyone have any suggestions for storing consoles that are not in use in an organized way? I'd like to have the console, cables and controllers together. Maybe in a box like one of those nice board game storage boxes with separators for the components. I've actually looked into the board game boxes but they aren't big enough. These would probably be under the bed or on a shelf.

Thanks.
JFK
Jerkface Killah
32-bit

Re: Game Console Storage

Here's a sort-of solution. The Dreamcast Carrying case is basically what I'm looking for. I just need it for other systems. and preferably made of something sturdier.
JFK
marurun

Post by marurun »

The TurboGrafx-CD comes with a carrying case that holds everything.

I am actually not familiar with any after-market console storage solutions. Are you thinking like storage in a closet or storage on the go or what?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Jerkface Killah
32-bit

marurun wrote:The TurboGrafx-CD comes with a carrying case that holds everything.

I am actually not familiar with any after-market console storage solutions. Are you thinking like storage in a closet or storage on the go or what?

Storage in a closet/under a bed. Something better than just bins, which is what they're in now.
JFK
marurun

Post by marurun »

Custom foam inserts for bog standard plastic bins might be the way to go.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Whatever you do, store them in a temperature / humidity controlled area. People complain about dead gaming hardware, only to find out they stored the stuff in a garage, attic, or shed for a couple years.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I keep my consoles that aren't hooked up on display with the hookups in drawers divided by company (a drawer with Nintendo hookups, one with Sega hookups, one with Atari hookups, etc). I try to keep as many of my consoles as possible hooked up, though, for easy play; I've tried both ways, and I've found that I'm far less likely to actually play consoles if I have to pull them out and hook them up.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I guess I should have mentioned how I store mine. :oops: I store my unused consoles/controllers/cords in large clear plastic tupperware boxes, lid sealed. I do put silica gel packets in those boxes for humidity reasons. I keep them in a low temperature closet in a humidity controlled room. I don't believe in keeping unused consoles on display, because they tend to collect internal dust that way. Get enough dust inside a console and you've got the potential for conductivity and thermal issues. That's why my consoles that are in active use, still have a thin (air breathable) cloth placed over them to repel dust when not being played. I'm also fucktard crazy.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Jerkface Killah
32-bit

Thanks for the input, everyone. Right now my systems are all over the place. Some are in a big bin under the bed, a couple are in the bottom drawer of my dresser, and a few are hooked up. I think my dream would be to have wooden or cardboard boxes with foam inserts and cutouts for the system, cables, and controllers. Then they could sit on a shelf or stacked under the bed. I'm in a small NYC apartment, which is why I need a better solution. We also have a lot of dust, from the apartment and our cat. So the systems i have hooked up get super dusty. I'll post some photos later of what I'm going for.
JFK
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I recommend the Sterlite plastic containers that seal tight.