A question for my fellow light gun enthusiasts

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
harper
Next-Gen

A question for my fellow light gun enthusiasts

Post by harper »

Greetings,

As a light gun fanatic, I am currently set on acquiring various versions of light guns (namely JP and European versions since their counterparts are usually far more visually appealing than the dumb ol' bright orange we have here in the states). Anywho! My question: For any of you who may have various light guns, how do you display them, if at all? I'm basically just looking for ideas on how to keep them out in the open since they're so awesome. If you have any examples from your own collection or ideas please share them!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: A question for my fellow light gun enthusiasts

Post by CRTGAMER »

Based on your description, you have quite a few of the light guns. Perhaps a "shadow box" real gun glass case to mount on the wall? If handy at woodworking, you could make one out of pegboard (for easy rearrange of hooks) mounted in a box with front glass.

Hopefully you own an SD CRT to utilize the retro lightguns.

Conker N64 Alien level comes to mind.

Attachments
Blue Bar.jpg
Blue Bar.jpg (853 Bytes) Viewed 4552 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

I actually really like the peg board idea. Especially because it would keep them easily accessible and still looking neat.
marurun

Post by marurun »

If and when you get a display set up, peg board or otherwise, do you mind sharing pics? I'd love to see what your array of light guns looks like.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

Will do :D
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

I like holstering them (and other controllers) in those shoe sleeve door hangers (usually will hold around 24 controllers). Nice and compact too; saves a ton of space if you don't mind sacrificing graphics/posters on your door.
...just another lost soul...
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

I like that idea too. That's what I used to keep my controllers in back when I was big into collecting. May go with that for the short term until I get my game room set up the way I want it.