Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Xeo's Game Stuff 04/2017

by Xeogred Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:24 pm

FYI some know I moved recently so it's still a WIP. This isn't really a full apartment tour but I figured I'd finally show off some stuff.

The main game shelf! Have had these shelves for as long as I can remember. I now only use it for my "beaten" games only, except for the PSX. On the second top stack you can faintly see King's Field sticking out, that and the few games to the right are my PSX backlog. Under that I've got a Yoko Lagann figure and a discolored Mai that's probably a knock off, I should sell them. To the right of that is Hyrule Historia still sealed... and those are my more recent "dropped" PS3 games I didn't care for or finish.

From the first pic, the 360 on the floor to the left is my original that red ringed. I'm not sure why I still have it around. The 360 games on the floor next to the shelf are my "don't really need these anymore I don't think" games. Many of which I regrettably kept from Game Fly or have since repurchased on Steam for superior versions (in the case of FPS's). The brown box on the left is some more Nintendo stuff, my GC games, DS, and SNES carts. I'm going to get some more Sterlite containers soon to replace the box. My PSP/DS were boxed away in a box of boxes, but now I've realized they make good bookmarks.

The Apex TV on the right is my boob tube that I still have around, but I debate if I should keep it around or not. It's a pain to lug around, but it has 5 AV inputs and S-video. So I keep holding off on someday having the space and entertainment setup to utilize it with. I got tons of mileage out of it anyways, it was the TV I took around to friends back in the Halo LAN party days and whatnot. On the other hand, I bought one of those last gen Dell 4:3 monitors awhile back that has S-video and like every input imaginable (not sure about HDMI). So, I almost wonder if I could just use that monitor instead for S-video stuff. But I'm not sure how sound would work and whatnot.

Top right on the shelves is my massively impressive BD collection. I'm not sure why I have two Wii's. I actually had no idea Nintendo secretly removed GC playback in the newer Wii models, so that black one was practically a mistake purchase. Then I bought the red one and I think it can play GC? I have no idea, but I bought the Wii U shortly after these. I guess they're more "maybe I'll have space / multiple setups someday".

But maybe instead of more storage containers, another big shelf like this could be filled up.

Some nice Sterlite containers you guys recommended me awhile back. Got my loose consoles in the top one and my GBA, PSP, N64, and Genesis stuff in the bottom. It looks like FF2 and Valkyrie Profile Lenneth are dying, but it's neatly organized when you open it up.

My shelf of some anime and movies. The Dragon Box DBZ set at the top is a prized position and a relic, well worth over $1,000 now. It was a new release of DBZ a few years ago that is extremely authentic to the original source/masters and pristine perfection. Very happy to own that. Got some random old PC stuff on there that doesn't fit in my box of random PC games that I have stored away already. I still have some longboxes of Shivers, Starcraft, Diablo 2, Need for Speed III, etc.

DVD's I want to sell. The City Hunter boxsets go for a few hundred. The secret is the video quality is littered with interlacing issues and nastiness, so the fansubs are just as good. Nowadays there's Discotek, Nozomi/Rightstuf, Sentai, etc releasing classic anime in really good quality, and some of this stuff like City Hunter, Votoms there, these old Gundam sets, etc don't measure up at all to newer releases. I have season two of The Office... why? I wish I knew.

Got this shelf in my room. On the bottom are the 360 games I like and want to keep out. The rest is my backlog along with Cat's Eye and The Clones Wars that I need to watch. I got these shelves for like $20 on Amazon and it kind of sucks. Cases will fall off unless you have a good bit on there for some weight and I had to put that candle there to hold the PS2 row in place.

Good for controllers, charges, and some loose connectors.

The main setup in the corner of my room! 50" Samsung with a nice Kinivo switcher so all these systems are ready to go. PS2 slim, Wii U, PS4, PS3, and 360. Got the TV connected to the computer as well so I can play everything there.

The blankets are on top of a box of more bedding stuff I have no idea what to do with. But it turns out it all makes a good foot rest.

Computer desk with some naughty decor that Elk and Ex might approve of. Nice simple Ikea desk. Cookies ready to go apparently. This Acer is kind of crappy and I'm hoping to get a G-sync monitor sometime this year maybe.

That's the good stuff. For some messier weirder random things:

My 32" and 40" TV's on a table tucked away in the kitchen. No idea what to do with them except have them stored away for now. This place is pretty small, so yeah. Yes I own 4 TV's for some reason.

To my horror I rediscovered my Dreamcast in a box (need another Sterlite...) and it was discolored when I got it, but now it's puke bad. I wonder if I can try painting it. :(

Random clone systems... not sure if I've ever even used them. Anyone know if they're good?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Xeo's Game Stuff 04/2017

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:45 pm

Good stuff dude. Some nice anime there. What's up with the TV on the floor? Is that just because you're moving?

I have one of those clone systems. It's pretty crappy. I got it because it was a cheap and easy to play Famicom games with a Gyromite adapter. Haven't touched it since I got a Retron 5.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Thanks brah.

Hilarious... I had a hunch of specifically asking you about those clones, so I'm glad you commented on them. :lol: , I think I recall them having issues with Castlevania 3 like a lot of them do.

Yeah the CRT is on the floor for now. I can maybe move the lamp/stack of games and put some TV stand setup there. But for now it's not in use and I have no plans of sitting on the floor for gaming like I'm 4 or anything. :lol:

The CRT was usually on that brown shelf where my two Sterlite containers are. I forgot to mention I built that shelf in middle school. It's still kicking. I think it would be cool to add a middle shelf to it and then it would be more ideal for some consoles and stuff.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Lots of good gaming/anime stuff in there (plus one nice salt lamp.)

Also, good idea to use the game boxes as book ends. If I ever wind up with enough shelf space to do the same, I'm totally using that idea.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Some cool anime sets. This feels like a very personal hand-picked and set up room specifically for your tastes. I am sure you could say that for most, but to me it says "this is Xeo's media space".
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Still need to figure out a place for the salt lamp. My mom really got into "rocks" and all that these past few years...

Haha yeah, basically my man cave for now. There's tons more anime I'd like to buy, it's a great time to be a fan of the classics. Almost all of the older Gundam shows have finally been licensed, and Discotek, Nozami / Right Stuff, Sentai, etc have all been on a roll with excellent boxsets of old shows. Tons I want... but 90% of my hobby funds continues to mainly go into gaming. :lol:
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:37 pm

So is this post already outdated because you moved? :lol:
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:02 pm

These are from my new place as of three weeks ago now or something. But yeah things look a bit different again already. :lol:

I still need another TV stand and some other stuff.
Return to Game Rooms & Home Theater