Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
noiseredux
Next-Gen

noiseredux game room - 2016 edition

by noiseredux Sun May 29, 2016 8:41 pm

I've been meaning to post some game room pics for a while now. I am finally at a point where I'm really happy with how things are set up. It's comfy in here and conducive to gaming or just hanging out and listening to music or whatever. You'll note that yes, I have a bunch of PC's in one room, but they each serve their purpose. Plus, I just have fun building them.

View from doorway:

TV/couch setup:

My TV setup is pretty simple... cable, Roku, DVD player and a Steambox that I build running SteamOS with a Steam controller. This is a pretty modest box - it's rocking an i5 2500 with 4GB RAM and an R7 240 2GB. It's fine for the kinds of things I'd play sitting on the couch.

Desk setup:

I love the corner desk. Very comfy for switching between desktop and laptop.

My main rig is my baby. It's got an ASRock Z97, i5 4690k, 16GB RAM and a GTX 970. The monitor is my new pride and joy, an Acer Predator XB270HU 27" 1440 w/ GSync. Love it so much.

Not pictured is the Razer OSVR HDk that I've not messed with much yet. Actually, you can see the cardboard box in some of these pics...

I also love my laptop - an Alienware x11M. It's not super powerful or anything, but it is nice and portable. I use it mostly for day to day web browsing and try to reserve the desktop for gaming only. But I do play stuff on this if I feel like gaming out in another room. The Dell monitor above it is a 2nd monitor for it which is easier for watching Netflix et al while still leaving the main screen for web stuff.

View from desk corner:

My couch. The shelf behind it holds a small portion of my CD collection - just the Sonic Youth stuff and jazz stuff right now. Above it is a 6-pack fridge (handy for game night), CD player and misc debris. The whole other wall back there is just closets. I'm not going to open them right now. Filled with stuff I'm selling, empty boxes, hundreds of CD's, extra PC parts and lots of crap. A total mess.

STUFF:

1st: figures.
2nd: big box PC games, Marvel DVD's.
3rd: video game DVD's, Alien/Predator DVD's, TMNT DVD's, The State/Stella/etc DVD's.
4th: PC games
5th: PC games
6th: controllers/etc
7th: computer books, strategy guides, PC Gamer and Maximum PC magazines
8th: more computer books and strategy guides

Arcade standing desk setup:

And my other recent build is this. Another modest build with an AMD Phenom IIX, 4GB RAM and an R7 250 2GB. But it works fine for pretty much any arcade style game. SF5 I do have to lower some graphical settings on but everything else is no problem. My old 23" Acer monitor works great for TATE!

That's about it. Thanks for checking it out!
Sano
Next-Gen

Re: noiseredux game room - 2016 edition

by Sano Sun May 29, 2016 8:51 pm

I love it! Very nicely setup. I like your desks, very sleek :D I'd be happy to call that my game room!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun May 29, 2016 9:18 pm

I thought you were gonna troll us by posting a screenshot of your Steam client.

Cool set-up. Nice and sleek and minimalistic.
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Sun May 29, 2016 11:37 pm

lookin good bb
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun May 29, 2016 11:43 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I thought you were gonna troll us by posting a screenshot of your Steam client.

Cool set-up. Nice and sleek and minimalistic.

Heheheheh

I love it, looks like what I envision when I move next year and don't have a roommate. The desk/TV combo is what I've got going on with my room right now.

Where did you get the TV stand? Looks pretty nice, though I could do without the front door on the right.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun May 29, 2016 11:45 pm

Xeogred wrote:Where did you get the TV stand? Looks pretty nice, though I could do without the front door on the right.

Ikea, circa 2009 my man, haha.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun May 29, 2016 11:47 pm

I kind of thought so, since it does kind of look cheap (no offense haha, I have some Ikea stuff myself). There's one around me so maybe I'll check them out when I need a new stand.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Mon May 30, 2016 1:09 am

looks good. happy for you dood
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue May 31, 2016 10:32 am

What is the pedestal for the telephone?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue May 31, 2016 10:34 am

fastbilly1 wrote:What is the pedestal for the telephone?

oh that thing actually holds CD's as well. It's kind of a POS that I nabbed from a yard sale. I don't really think it fits the room, but I just have kept it there until I find something else to put the phone on that I like better.
Return to Game Rooms & Home Theater