Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Fragems
Next-Gen

Audio Mixers Suggestions?

by Fragems Tue May 24, 2016 11:34 am

So I mainly game via headset and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for an audio mixer that can mix two or more sources(mainly my TV/Computer) for a good price say around $50 or less.

Currently looking at this one. But I don't have much experience with audio equipment so I'm open to any other suggestions and advice on what I should be looking for / avoiding.

Pyle PMX7BU Bluetooth 3-Channel DJ MP3 Mixer, Mic-Talkover, USB Flash Reader, Dual RCA & Microphone Inputs, Headphone Jack - $49.05

Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Re: Audio Mixers Suggestions?

by Ziggy587 Tue May 24, 2016 7:22 pm

I'd probably go with Behringer over Pyle as far as budget stuff goes.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i- ... TX502-LIST
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Tue May 24, 2016 9:24 pm

Behringer is a good pick, but I was always a Mackie man. Here's a cheap one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... pact-mixer

If you do go Behringer, take a peek at the Behringer MicroMIX MX400 (although it mixes things into mono).

If you just need two channels, there are a variety of simple mixers for such a task. Something like this maybe:

http://www.amazon.com/NKR-Multifunction ... ts&sr=1-11
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Tue May 24, 2016 9:41 pm

Yeah I saw the mix5 as well it's really a toss up between the two I like the layout on the Mackie Mix5 better since it seems a bit larger, but the Behringer XENYX 502 looks like better quality and at $10 less with the sale price. However the Behringer XENYX 502 is out of stock on that site and is only available for preorder which prevents you from checking out with paypal for some dumb reason :P.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue May 24, 2016 11:43 pm

FWIW, I'd go with the Mackie over the Behringer too, especially since they're the same price and pretty much the exact same unit. Mackie is a better brand, I would have suggested that mixer in the first place if I knew about it. I only suggested the Behringer because that's were my mind goes when I hear "budget".
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Wed May 25, 2016 10:27 am

Alrighty I'll hop on the Mackie train then. Just need to grab a few extra adapters and I'll have it up in and running by the end of the week :).

Thanks guys.
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Fri May 27, 2016 4:01 pm

Got it in and everything works great :). Finally no more audio port swapping with my headset. I just have to be careful with the main mix and headphone nobs though. With both maxed out I could probably blow out my headphones :P.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri May 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Fragems wrote:Got it in and everything works great :). Finally no more audio port swapping with my headset. I just have to be careful with the main mix and headphone nobs though. With both maxed out I could probably blow out my headphones :P.

Or ear drums. :P
Return to Game Rooms & Home Theater