Kalessin's Barcade - WIP

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Re: Kalessin's Barcade - WIP

Post by KalessinDB »

fastbilly1 wrote:Id try to box the pipe in as a faux support leg. It would be tricky to do, but it looks like you have it under control.

Yeah, like I said... WIP but it's definitely getting there. Also, I posted this in the Made You Smile thread but it definitely belongs here too:

KalessinDB wrote::mrgreen: Guy at work knows a guy who owns a distillery in town. This alone is pretty awesome (he had us go on a tour last year and that was fun), but the part that's really got me smiling? He's willing to sell me a used wine barrel (relatively) cheaply that I can convert into a sink to go in the bathroom for my bar. The whole theme of the bar and bathroom is rustic (it's all done up in recycled pallets - came that way when I bought it and I really like the look of it). The bathroom even goes so far as to have a keg cut down into a custom urinal for it (I think you can see it in one of my Barcade pics just barely?).... but there's just a generic white pedestal sink and it does not go with the very manly look of the rest of it.

$300 for a barrel and a bit of plumbing work later, I think I can be in business. Heck, if I'm worried I can have my handyman do the plumbing, he works cheap. Now I gotta look for a good basin/faucet combo to go with it and really accentuate it. Certainly gonna end up a whole ton cheaper than all the pre-made basin sinks I see online that start at $1k and god knows how much to ship.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

See if you can get two and turn the other into a standup Donkey Kong cocktail
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Wow... that could be kinda amazing, honestly. I'm sure I could get a second, at worst it would just take time for them to have another available since I don't know how often they have them - my coworker tells me that his buddy buys them for $500 to age whiskey in, then sells them for $300 rather than having them sit around.

The DK cocktail could be amazing. That wasn't really on my list of more cabs to get (Pac-Man - preferably cocktail, Vs System - preferably cocktail/red tent, and Capcom Big Blue)... but you're right, a modified wine barrel turned into a DK cocktail could be fantastic.
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Make it jamma and slot in a multiboard with pacman and other classics playable with a 4way and two buttons and you can get something like this:
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

That's outstanding. Time and space will always haunt me - too many cool ideas, too little of the aforementioned.

Dave - any plans to take out the drop ceiling? It looks really nice down there - a few projects and it could be amazing.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

10/10
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

mjmjr25 wrote:Dave - any plans to take out the drop ceiling? It looks really nice down there - a few projects and it could be amazing.

I'll take a couple more pics this week (new buttons for all 3 cabs coming in and new sticks for the candies, though I forgot to order matching ball tops so they'll be black for a while - preparation for the official housewarming party)... right now, the area by the bar has removed the drop ceiling to match the wooden look of the bar/bathroom. It works. Drop ceiling is on the other side of the support beam, where there's less wood - and as noted, I'm strongly considering removing the wood on the 1 wall it's on.

I can't decide if taking the drop ceiling off entirely would make it look better or worse. Certainly it would increase the height a little (the Neo cab barely fits on the part without the drop ceiling, it wouldn't fit on the other side and neither would a Big Blue if I got one unless it was a removable-marquee version) which is nice for tall guys. My biggest annoyance is that damn heating vent in the middle though and I'm not sure what I can do about it. Gonna have a coworker who used to do HVAC come over some time soon now that it's warming up and I don't have to use the furnace as much, take a look and see if we can shrink it or move/reroute it. But on the flip side, it does make it look nice over where there's that finished wall between the main area and the laundry room/workshop. I could probably figure out some way to make that look decent though.

If I do remove it, it'll probably be because I pulled it down to replace the light fixtures (they already annoy me with their buzzing) and decide not to put it back up cuz I'm lazy :lol:
Nyukki
128-bit

Post by Nyukki »

Looks awesome dude, well done!
Weekend shmupper