Kalessin's Barcade - WIP

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Kalessin's Barcade - WIP

Post by KalessinDB »

As promised, a look inside my new nirvana.

From this:

To this:
Tons of built-in shelving on the basement steps... unfortunately not enough. This is the first 300 of my NES games, I have a good 50 or so sitting unboxed, and this is already overfull. But it works for now, so why not. This is gonna look way more impressive in a month or two when I get my covers printed for the boxes.
View from the bar. On the right is the a 50" Vizio Smart TV which will eventually have PS3, 360 (maybe), WiiU, UltraHDMI N64, and Framemeister connected to it. Going left from there, we have Astro City #1 (currently vertical), pile of CPS2 boxes (no they're not all full) on top of a small shelving unit containing my PGM stuff, Astro City #2 (horizontal), another small shelving unit with all my other arcade stuff for now plus the Xboxen because I have nowhere else to go from there, a drainage pipe that I hate, my overflow NES games plus all the games I have that fit in jewel cases, various games in DVD cases plus flash carts, double door going outside (let me tell you how useful that was for bringing the cabs in here) with my "orphans" in front of them - the various AV cables, PSUs, controllers, etc that weren't near their parents when I packed up my old house, and then on the other wall is a cheap walmart shelving unit full of mostly Sega stuff with to-be-organized paper on top. We'll get back to that later.
Starting from the right, we have the previously-mentioned mostly-Sega bookshelf, the door to my workshop/storage area, the main CRT area, the second cheap bookshelf that has mostly Atari, Nintendo, Coleco, and Handhelds on it, and the door to my laundry room. And of course the Neo on the other wall saying hello.
Rightmost we have a couple systems that I just couldn't find a place for (Wii, CDi, misc handhelds), followed by the Neo bookshelf... which is sadly overfull, the 4slot Big Red of love, my half bath downstairs (why yes, that is a keg that's been cut into a urinal in the corner there!), and the bar itself.
Stairs going up, previously-mentioned Smart TV sitting on top of a storage chest that has various arcade sticks in it as well as some Rock Band stuff a buddy gave me, flanked by footstools with the WiiU and PS3. On the back (mostly hidden) is the Framemeister, PSTV, Messiah NES controllers, RGB modded SNES Mini and UltraHDMI N64. To the left is the wiring closet, which has a shoe organizer that I've repurposed as a controller organizer... and needs a brother because I've overflowed it.

To-Do list:
-Wall mount TV once I get some properly sized screws
-Bring in at least 1 couch and 2 chairs from my dad's, maybe a second couch from my brother's. After taking these pics I put an old kitchen table out in the center of the room to use for board game nights with my friends, and I don't think I could put 2 couches in there with it so it really becomes a question of which I would prefer to have here.
-Finish organizing controllers once I buy a second shoe organizer
-Possibly remove all the wood from the wall that the TV mounts on. It's far enough away from the bar that it's not cohesive in my eyes, and I could recapture some space as well as put in a plug for it (since the TV is current stretched across to the same plug the Astros are on), and neaten it up a bit by putting the video connections into an in-wall box.
-Build some more shelves to go around the CRT so that I can actually have all my systems out.
-Alphabetize games
-Figure out where the hell I'm putting the NES games once I get my next case of boxes for them. Case of boxes? Box of cases? I dunno.

But I'm freaking psyched.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Kalessin's Barcade - WIP

Post by noiseredux »

looking awesome, man.
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

Hey, good lookin'. 8)
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

awesome room buddy! love how organize it is. looks like its ready for a big gaming party soon.. :wink:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

Pretty good setup you've got going there. :D
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

room game stronk
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Well done sir. Though I have to ask about the random pipe jutting out by the outside wall, whats up with that?
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Lookin' good dude - I've been thinking you need to come out here for 3-4 days...but maybe I need to go there!
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

fastbilly1 wrote:Well done sir. Though I have to ask about the random pipe jutting out by the outside wall, whats up with that?

It's the drain for my kitchen sink and I hates it. I've got stuff reasonably arranged right now where it's not that annoying... but this basement is still in flux and there's no guarantee that it'll remain that way. In fact it's very likely that it won't. That'd be a great wall to build some custom shelves for though, so maybe I just have to build around the pipe.

mjmjr25 wrote:Lookin' good dude - I've been thinking you need to come out here for 3-4 days...but maybe I need to go there!

Heh you flatter me, I don't think I'm rivaling you yet. But I do agree with your idea of trips one way or the other. 2016 is tapped for me on trips with the big European trip in the fall, but I've been thinking I need to make me a trip out your way too... but of course mi casa e su casa if you wanna go that way.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Id try to box the pipe in as a faux support leg. It would be tricky to do, but it looks like you have it under control.