ElkinFencer10's Big Boy Gaming Set-up

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: ElkinFencer10's Big Boy Gaming Set-up

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

ApolloBoy wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:(as long as it's more than just "wtf ponies r gay u fag;" I get that shit enough from my students).

TBH when it's become so prominent in your setup and since you keep talking about it it's really difficult to ignore...

Feel free to compliment my tasteful pony art and pony figuring collection. Just don't be a douchebag about it was the point.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Looks good, Elken! Bet all those games took a while to unpack though. Even though I have way fewer games than you do, it always takes me a while to unpack my games :|

Random question though... Is there any console you particularly like to play or collect? Mostly wondering since most people's collections have an obvious focus on a few consoles, but you seem to have a lot of everything!
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I hate having really small collections for any one system (I'm not too content unless I have at least 10 or 15 games for a system), but my favorite to collect for is probably the Wii. It used to be NES (hence why that's the biggest single part of my collection), but my favorite to collect for the past few years, I've most enjoyed collecting for the Wii. The ones I'd like to collect more for are the Jaguar, Saturn, NeoGeo, and TurboGrafx-16, but those games (especially since I insist on Saturn and TG-16 games' being CIB) get pretty pricey.

And yeah, it took me probably 6 or 7 hours to pack up and that long again to unpack.

PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

You have sooooooo many Miibos! I have such jealousy :/
And your shelves are so pretty as well! Mine are really terrible looking and spread all over the house Xp
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

dat wood and dem shelves = unf.

I don't have a ceiling light in my game room either. Drives me insane sometimes.

I think we use the same "cube" shelves for console storage.

Looks good playa.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I've got a ceiling light, but the globe is so damn thick and tinted that it's practically pointless. At least it has a fan since I'm ridiculously hot natured.

fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

ElkinFencer10 wrote: Yaaaay! I apologize in advance for the lighting; the overhead light in the game room (the only light) is balls, and there's nothing but a floor lamp in the living room. Who the fuck builds a living room with no overhead light? Seriously?

That is actually very common. Living rooms are typically lit by lamps and natural light since they create a different ambiance than overhead - its a hold over from the post WW2 housing boom that has only recently gone away.

Love the setup man. Very well setup and streamline. Your UGC collection makes me stupidly envious.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

fastbilly1 wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote: Yaaaay! I apologize in advance for the lighting; the overhead light in the game room (the only light) is balls, and there's nothing but a floor lamp in the living room. Who the fuck builds a living room with no overhead light? Seriously?

That is actually very common. Living rooms are typically lit by lamps and natural light since they create a different ambiance than overhead - its a hold over from the post WW2 housing boom that has only recently gone away.

Love the setup man. Very well setup and streamline. Your UGC collection makes me stupidly envious.

Haha, thanks man, I appreciate it. I get a little intimidated by some of the collections here that are either way larger than mine or way more focused and impressive, but I'm really proud of what I've built. The UGC project took me about a year and - between the cases themselves, the power dremmel I had to buy to cut off tabs for NES and 5200 games, and the print offs from Staples - about $600 (and that's about to go up since I need to order another box of cases as soon as I have the money). It was well worth it, though, in my opinion given how nice and orderly it looks and how much better protected my games are.

I had no idea that was common; the five houses that I've lived in (since being old enough to remember, at least) before this one have all had ceiling fans with light fixtures in the middle of the living room, so I just sort of assumed that was the norm. You learn something new every day.

8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

Jmustang1968 wrote:The house is definitely centered around gaming. I like the built in shelving.

Reminds me a little of someone's upstairs. lol

Elkin, you definitely have a kickass, well rounded, and well organized collection. I'm glad that you get so much enjoyment out of it!
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

8bit wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:The house is definitely centered around gaming. I like the built in shelving.

Reminds me a little of someone's upstairs. lol

Elkin, you definitely have a kickass, well rounded, and well organized collection. I'm glad that you get so much enjoyment out of it!

Thanks man! That's high praise coming from someone with as jaw-droppingly awesome a game room as you.