econoemu's game collection... well parts of it.

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
econoemu
16-bit

econoemu's game collection... well parts of it.

Post by econoemu »

I was asked to post my collection on the forums. I will do my best to post things as I go. I recently moved into a new apartment that is much larger to accommodate my growing collection. My better half was less than pleased to live with all my games in totes lining the living room wall(s). Fast forward to now and I have a room filled with totes that are slowly making their way out into my computer room/second living room(due to the time of the year because of my job I haven't had time to work on much).

My goal is by the end of February to have my game room set up. I have chosen the colours, materials and enlisted the help of my Dad to build the shelving units(there will be lights dang it). I figured maybe as time goes by I can even share my progress if people would be interested.

For now, I'll post a few of my most recent purchases.
Small lot I got just before I moved into my new apartment.

My "house warming" gift to myself. Part of this lot was also 10 complete NES units and a CIB SNES Game Genie.

Too good to pass up.

Well that's it for now. Sorry for the glare on some of the cases on the later pictures, the night time isn't the right time for good phone pictures it seems. As stated before, if anyone is interested I can post pictures of my progress as I build my game room.

Take care everyone and have a Happy Holiday!
Adventure!
Sano
Next-Gen

Re: econoemu's game collection... well parts of it.

Post by Sano »

Nice collection man. Saw a few goodies in there like Dragon Force :D
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

So prettyful!

How many copies of lunar do you have on ps1?
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Some good RPGs up in thurr.
econoemu
16-bit

Post by econoemu »

flojocabron wrote:How many copies of lunar do you have on ps1?

I currently have three copies of Lunar. One is complete, the other two are complete sans the box they came in. I have two copies of Lunar 2 as well, sadly in the exact same state. One complete, one missing the box it came in.

Sometimes you just need to save games and hope to find them new loving homes. *Cue Sarah McLachlan*
Adventure!
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Some very nice stuff, we have some similar tastes.

However, those price stickers gotta go!! :lol: Get some rubbing alcohol and goo gone on those stickers.
econoemu
16-bit

Post by econoemu »

Jmustang1968 wrote:However, those price stickers gotta go!!

True story friend. I haven't "officially" added them to the collection until they all get cleaned and stripped of price stickers and markers. I am slowly working on them one by one. As of late the goal is at least 2 a day. I want them all to have a clean bill of health before my room is complete!
Adventure!
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

May the RPG gods smile down upon your game room sir.

And just a suggestion, don't just tackle 2 or 3 of those games with stickers at a time. Do like 5 to 10 at once, reason being part of what is going to make the job easier is letting the stickers soak for a few mins before scraping the them off. While that is happens you can be working on any writing in marker or other residue. Recently I had to remove about 80 n64 end labels and it was much easier to do about 8 at a time vs 2-3 when I first started.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Ugh. I cleaned all 300+ NES carts of stickers and marker as I packed them up before moving, THAT was a pain. Cleaned contacts on about 200 before I ran out of time, not looking forward to finishing that when I get unpacked in a few weeks. My condolences to you.

Great collection though!
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
econoemu
16-bit

Post by econoemu »

8bit wrote:And just a suggestion, don't just tackle 2 or 3 of those games with stickers at a time. Do like 5 to 10 at once, reason being part of what is going to make the job easier is letting the stickers soak for a few mins before scraping the them off. While that is happens you can be working on any writing in marker or other residue.

Duly noted. Hopefully after next week work will slow down and I will really be able to put the time needed into catching up and getting things ready for the room. For now its kind of an average. Sometimes more, sometimes none at all sadly.

I would also like to set up a trade/sale forum post too but I want to have things more organized for that. I will bring games of all types to trade and sell!
Adventure!