SuperGrafx

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Anapan
Next-Gen

SuperGrafx

Post by Anapan »

I didn't even know this was a separate console. I thought it was like a rare Japanese only Super CD HuCard...

It's completely backward compatible once you attach a Super CDRom 2?
I'm not even gonna ask what one would cost...

Does anyone have one of these? Care to show off some pics, maybe with a game running?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Re: SuperGrafx

Post by Thierry Henry »

Found a couple of my older pics,

And yeah, it's backwards compatible.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

That thing is so sexy! I thought the Sega Genesis model 3 was the coolest looking console, but this is easily way cooler. So there's different add-ons? On the 2nd pic, It looks like a wireless IR controller, but what's that other thing on the top-left plugged in with a cable?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kidpanda
64-bit

Post by Kidpanda »

For what it's worth, the system truly isn't worth owning if your a gamer. Collector maybe.
Battle Ace
Aldynes
Granzort
1941: Counter Attack
Ghouls N Ghosts
were the only games released for it. I know people drool over it like its something really cool, but it's not. There's a reason why there are only 5 games. It failed miserably. Buy a PC-Engine or Duo and forget this lost piece. Sorry if people love this thing. I had one and dumped it after two months of owning it, the games were no fun and I prefer the Genesis port of GnG.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I always thought the supergrafx looked like an ugly storage shed made out of corrogated metal.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

I always thought the SuperGrafx is a stunning-looking machine which resembles a piece of high-tech military gadgetry.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Thierry Henry wrote:I always thought the SuperGrafx is a stunning-looking machine which resembles a piece of high-tech military gadgetry.

Just like a storage shed.

Honestly, I am surprised the Supergrafx never got used as a prop in a scifi movie. Like the Steel Battalion Controller, it just looks futuristic cool.