Bone's NEW Game Room - 2014 Edition

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Sano
Next-Gen

Re: Bone's NEW Game Room - 2014 Edition

Post by Sano »

Great collection man. What is the rarest piece you own?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I've been there! It's awesome!

Bone and I spent the entire visit talking about games and looking at rare/unique stuff. We didn't actually play anything! :lol: Maybe next time!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Wow! A bump!

The room has undergone some changes. Most notably, I got a futon to fill the dead space in front of the desk here:
I had been wheeling my office chair around the room depending on what I wanted to play. It was getting tedious.

Sano wrote:Great collection man. What is the rarest piece you own?

Well, if we're using "rare" in the literal sense and as a synonym for "very few copies in existence" then my rarest games are probably some old floppies for the Tandy CoCo and other 8-bit computers. RFGeneration tells me I'm the only user who possesses some of these things. Of course, given the low demand for such games, they're each worth maybe a couple of bucks each.

Now as far as the "heavy hitters" go I own EarthBound, Chrono Trigger, Lunar 1 & 2 (Sega CD and PS1), Popful Mail, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Magic Knight Rayearth, Shining Force III, Ys III: Wanderers From Ys (TurboGrafx CD version), Ogre Battle (SNES and PS1), Crusader of Centy, Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast and GameCube), Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean, Dragon Force, Valkyrie Profile, and a few others.....

Still looking for "reasonably priced" copies of Tales of Destiny II, Dragon Knight & Graffiti, Shining Force CD, EVO, Harvest Moon, Lucienne's Quest, and the remaining (North American) Saturn RPGs I lack. All in due time........

My prized possession is my copy of Ys Eternal for PC. Took me an eternity to find it, but got it for $40 shipped.

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Bone and I spent the entire visit talking about games and looking at rare/unique stuff. We didn't actually play anything! :lol: Maybe next time!

:lol:

I think that is somewhat inevitable when two retro gamers hang out. Next time I'll throw on two-player Lost Vikings or something.
Last edited by BoneSnapDeez on Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Cool place Dave!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Kidpanda
64-bit

Post by Kidpanda »

Nice and tidy my friend! Wish I was as condensed as you!
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Damn, awesome!
Your not letting anything go, got stuff from many systems. All in all great setup and Ys proudly presenting it all is major bonus points dude!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.