Experience with widescreen Samsung SlimFit HDCRTs?

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Experience with widescreen Samsung SlimFit HDCRTs?

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Does anybody have experience with any of the SlimFit Samsung HDTVs? I found one I think I'd like to pick up for $20 (since I can actually lift the thing) but I was curious if there is something in particular I should look for. I know a few of the earlier models had issues with geometry and capacitors but if it has lasted this long I'd think it would be out in the clear since those issues seemed to pop up very early in the life of those sets.

The model number is TX-R3079WH.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
loganm187
32-bit

Re: Experience with widescreen Samsung SlimFit HDCRTs?

Post by loganm187 »

PIECE OF SHIT! I went through 4 of these trying to find a SINGLE ONE THAT DID NOT HAVE GEOMETRY ISSUES. This was back in 2006 and I thought it would be a grand idea to get a "all in one" HD crt tv. Sounds great on paper, but the execution is a mess. The last version I took back and got was the new and very last slimfit model they made and guess what...ALL THE SAME PROBLEMS! I wouldn't pay a dollar to be honest. I bought a Panny Plasma after dealing with Samsung for over 6 months trying to get one that would let me see fucking life bars on games and didn't have bowing on the corners/sides. My Plasma is still kicking since 06' and looks gorgeous. I bought an old early 90's RCA 32 inch CRT after getting the plasma for my old games and she is perfect to this day as well. I learned my lesson. hope this helps.