Darsparx's library/gameroom so far

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Darsparx's library/gameroom so far

Post by Fragems »

Get Extension cables there are plenty to be had for pretty cheap.

Edit: Some of the best third party wireless controllers I have used were the Logitech Wireless controllers. They cost $20+ used though. Got lucky and found mine at the flea market for $0.50 it's missing the battery cover but is a great controller. Honestly I like it better then the first party 360 controllers :).

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Cordless-Pre ... +precision
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Did a small update and added pc games that I have, going to try and do a big update soon after I get a wii u. Way too much has changed and the pics don't reflect it. I've acquired a ton of psp stuff thanks to frag, gotten a ps3(and some games), found a couple boxed games for nes(zelda 1 and 2), and now dug out these pc games. All I need now is a keyboard and the wii u and my setup will officially be somewhat complete(n64 will be the only thing missing).

Current as of: 06/09/2014
Included in this one: Added pc games that I have, going to attempt by middle of next month to do a huge update with this since I've acquired quite a bit since the prior update and moved stuff around in my room and basically dedicated one half of it to gaming stuff. Plus going to attempt to utilize a hp computer I have for some older pc gaming(which will only be pc exclusives and possibly should've been a pc game only to begin with type titles)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

Good stuff dar, I'm interested to see your new stuff. I have almost 50 PSP games...and have never owned a PSP. I think my collector instinct took over...

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Yeah really need to get around to taking pics again. Though one thing that I think I could fit and would be nice to have is if I could find a small shelving unit to eliminate the stacking that's still rampant in my room. The only problem with my current collection and I'm going to try and semi rectify it next month, is that I have quite a few manuals for gba games that I've no clue what has happened to them. Rollercoaster tycoon has no disc( :cry: ), school tycoon when I did know where it was had a cyclic redundancy error, and I've got to figure out which majesty to toss one of them has the cre as well and somehow talked mom into buying the majesty for me when I spotted it at goodwill quite a few years back(only decent thing I've ever seen there in years and that was unintentional). One big thing also, is that next month I hope to purchase a new bookshelf too. It's getting rather cramped :lol:
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

darsparx wrote:Yeah really need to get around to taking pics again. Though one thing that I think I could fit and would be nice to have is if I could find a small shelving unit to eliminate the stacking that's still rampant in my room. The only problem with my current collection and I'm going to try and semi rectify it next month, is that I have quite a few manuals for gba games that I've no clue what has happened to them. Rollercoaster tycoon has no disc( :cry: ), school tycoon when I did know where it was had a cyclic redundancy error, and I've got to figure out which majesty to toss one of them has the cre as well and somehow talked mom into buying the majesty for me when I spotted it at goodwill quite a few years back(only decent thing I've ever seen there in years and that was unintentional). One big thing also, is that next month I hope to purchase a new bookshelf too. It's getting rather cramped :lol:

Wal-mart is a great place to buy media shelving - all the shelves I have in my own game room come from Wal-mart and are easy to assemble with adjustable shelves. There is also a smaller version in my closet (with my oXbox and Saturn) that is around 25 bucks and takes about ten minutes to put together. I highly recommend them.

darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Huh never thought to look there but then again I hate walmart with a passion and tend to avoid it like a plague so that would explain why i haven't even attempted them :lol:
My gameroom

Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

darsparx wrote:Huh never thought to look there but then again I hate walmart with a passion and tend to avoid it like a plague so that would explain why i haven't even attempted them :lol:

I don't like their business practices but I like saving money, so it's practically over morality for me. The less you spend on shelving the more you can spend on games :mrgreen:

darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Woot update time:

Current as of: 06/09/2014
Included in this one: Added pc games that I have, going to attempt by middle of next month to do a huge update with this since I've acquired quite a bit since the prior update and moved stuff around in my room and basically dedicated one half of it to gaming stuff. Plus going to attempt to utilize a hp computer I have for some older pc gaming(which will only be pc exclusives and possibly should've been a pc game only to begin with type titles)

Finally was able to eliminate some of the stacking and I'm finally somewhat happy with this. Still have to somewhat hook some things back up that haven't been rehooked back up(since I unhooked a ton of stuff to make sure the vhs player fit in and honestly makes more sense for ps3/wii u to be on the desk since that's where they'll be once I get a switch for it :wink: ). I think I'm officially only missing three things i wanted and will hopefully add them next month: n64, better desk(so maybe stuff can be put in there and organized).

What do you guys think of the changes with that much?
My gameroom

Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

This might just be me, but I don't know if I would stack a tv on top of a PS4 :mrgreen:

Looks good though!

darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

That's not a tv, that's a monitor and a real lightweight of one too. I swat that thing only weighs like 5lbs. I'm not kidding, I almost through myself on the floor the first time I picked it up at goodwill last month ha ha
My gameroom