emwearz' Collection. (Updated:12/6/14) NEW ROOM!

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: emwearz' Collection. (Updated:12/6/14) NEW ROOM!

Post by emwearz »

darsparx wrote:Dang looking good :D I'm really wanting a dark stained wood version of your shelving though...

Thanks, I would prefer darker myself, however a few years ago I got the main shelf for $70 or so from the IKEA as is section, everything else kind of followed along.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Let me guess this as is section is the cheap section to their stuff that they're phasing out?
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

It is usually ex floor stock or customer returns items that are already put together. They are sold under the condition of 'as is' and can't be refunded.
BRIK
Next-Gen

Post by BRIK »

Heeeeeeey we've got the same console shelving, although mines missing a Sega Saturn :'(
I had a huge allergic reaction when putting mine together. It was really weird.

emwearz wrote:It is usually ex floor stock or customer returns items that are already put together. They are sold under the condition of 'as is' and can't be refunded.

FYI, anything sold in Australia by law has a warranty (except for consumables) and can be returned within that warranty period if something goes wrong by its own volition. As long as you have proof of purchase, the ACCC has your back. Although I doubt a huge (responsible) chain like IKEA would put up a fight.
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

BRIK wrote:Heeeeeeey we've got the same console shelving, although mines missing a Sega Saturn :'(
I had a huge allergic reaction when putting mine together. It was really weird.
That is weird!

emwearz wrote:It is usually ex floor stock or customer returns items that are already put together. They are sold under the condition of 'as is' and can't be refunded.

FYI, anything sold in Australia by law has a warranty (except for consumables) and can be returned within that warranty period if something goes wrong by its own volition. As long as you have proof of purchase, the ACCC has your back. Although I doubt a huge (responsible) chain like IKEA would put up a fight.

I understand ACL.

Because they are advertising the faults, you can't get a refund as it is performing as advertised. They are advertising that the piece of furniture is damage and as such, you won't be able to get a refund on it like you would anything else.You could most likely get an exchange or store credit, IKEA are pretty decent at exchanges anyway, they do it for changes of mind as long as the product is not damaged.
BRIK
Next-Gen

Post by BRIK »

Certainly.
Also, where did you buy that shelf to the left that's holding the NES, N64 etc? IKEA too?
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

BRIK wrote:Certainly.
Also, where did you buy that shelf to the left that's holding the NES, N64 etc? IKEA too?

Yeah, IKEA. They have changed them and now they have thinner outside borders, but same size of the actual shelves.