Kelsoanim's Game Room/Closet and Collection - 2014 edition!

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Kelsoanim's Game Room/Closet and Collection - 2014 editi

Post by fastbilly1 »

It looks like a Persian rug by the design, but it looks more like a Mashhad than a Ardekan like in the film. Then again I am not an expert or even an enthusiast, but I have been looking for that specific Ardekan for under 1k for many years.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

fastbilly1 wrote:It looks like a Persian rug by the design, but it looks more like a Mashhad than a Ardekan like in the film. Then again I am not an expert or even an enthusiast, but I have been looking for that specific Ardekan for under 1k for many years.

Yeah, my Grandfather has a bunch of Persian rugs in various sizes, some very large, from when they lived in Iran in the 70s. I think he is going to give some to us. They are really cool and all handmade/woven.
kelsoanim
32-bit

Post by kelsoanim »

fastbilly1 wrote:I love the setup. The only thing I would suggest is frames for your posters. The whole setup is just nice and concise. And that rug is so close at tying the room together.

Haha, I was hoping to get a Big Lebowski reference. I actually do think it really ties the room together. :D

I would like to get frames for the posters but I don't really want to spend that much for them and I'm not sure where to get them on the cheap. They are also different sizes so I worry about them fitting the same frames, though I guess I could get a mount/mask for the smaller ones. If you know where to get cheap poster frames let me know. Also, if you know where to get frames the right size for the Nintendo Power posters that would be awesome.
A-B-P. A-always, B-be, P-platforming. Always be platforming! Always be platforming!!
My Game Room - My Game Collection
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

If I am not mistaken those Nintendo Power posters are 11x24, so you can fit them in a 12x24 frame like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/12x24-12-Black-Pi ... B002OSHP90
You can easily flip the paperwork over to fake matte it on white, or add a layer of black construction paper behind it.

Id double check the measurements of the NP posters though, Im going purely on memory since google was no help.
Wispmage
32-bit

Post by Wispmage »

Beautiful set up in such a small space, very clean and organized. I think my favorite touches are the blue back lighting behind your TVs, and the fact that all your consoles are clearly grouped by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, and Microsoft. Bravo sir.
kelsoanim
32-bit

Post by kelsoanim »

Ooof, $20 + $10 shipping for those frames... this is why I've held off framing my posters. For all that money I could buy a lot of games, and I do. :P
A-B-P. A-always, B-be, P-platforming. Always be platforming! Always be platforming!!
My Game Room - My Game Collection