Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: one of ours?

by BogusMeatFactory Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:13 pm

BoringSupreez wrote:From the comments section:
He has this massive collection but then plays on an old SD tube TV?

Oh man....all I can say is... :roll:
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Yeah made me chuckle.

Old ass consoles on an old ass TV - who would have imagined?!?!??!?!?!?!?!
NintendoTwizer
16-bit

by NintendoTwizer Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:09 am

Who does that guy think he is with that old junky TV??!!1! :P
darsparx
Next-Gen

by darsparx Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:34 am

What I want to know is where do you get those system signs like he has. Probably won't use them for the portables but I could use some for wii/u(when I get a u), ps4, nes, snes and n64. That is really what sets it apart in my mind besides the fact that it's organized and that the mario and zelda games get a special shelf(even I'm thinking of mocking that one if I can find the boxes for it XD)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:55 am

darsparx wrote:What I want to know is where do you get those system signs like he has.

I believe they were hand painted. You could do something similar with a brush and stencil or freehand if you think you have the skill for it.
darsparx
Next-Gen

by darsparx Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:58 am

fastbilly1 wrote:
darsparx wrote:What I want to know is where do you get those system signs like he has.

I believe they were hand painted. You could do something similar with a brush and stencil or freehand if you think you have the skill for it.

I don't think I have the skill for that, it wouldn't end up as nice as his is XD
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:18 pm

NintendoTwizer wrote:Who does that guy think he is with that old junky TV??!!1! :P

That comment also cracked me up. But what do you expect?
NintendoTwizer
16-bit

by NintendoTwizer Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Luke wrote:
NintendoTwizer wrote:Who does that guy think he is with that old junky TV??!!1! :P

That comment also cracked me up. But what do you expect?

Yeah, it's not so bad. I've heard much worse. I posted my collection pics on a image hosting site (Imgur.com). It then get passed along by another guy, which then ended up with 60,000 views or something. So...

Something I've learned fro this being posted on a few non-gaming websites:

1. Gamestop will give me between $2.50 and $50 for trade in value.
2. That I'm the Angry Video Game Nerd... or that the AVGN collection is better or not as good.
3. I'm a virgin. (This comes up often so don't tell my wife or three kids)
4. My TV is really old and crappy.

Ha, I can't help but laugh at comment threads. You can't take anything on the internet personally.
NintendoTwizer
16-bit

by NintendoTwizer Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:31 pm

darsparx wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:

I don't think I have the skill for that, it wouldn't end up as nice as his is XD

It was all hand painted. But not freestyled... I'm not that skilled either, I promise. I found the logos on the internet. I printed them off to the size I wanted and then traced them with pencil. Once I traced them I very carefully painted it all out.
darsparx
Next-Gen

by darsparx Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:57 pm

Still I would gladly spend $10-15 a piece for each one :P ehh I'll have to consider it once I move out. Also yeah gamestop sucks, except for if you're getting new stuff, I think now if i'm going to trade stuff in I'm going to a store over here, which is gamestop basically but better(store layout and everything plus the retro game machines like pinball and arcade and a few others, make it 10x better than gamestop alone). Though I probably won't be trading in many games anymore XD AVGN's library is great, but some of the stuff he disses I will admit are actually fun games(like the bugs bunny games he's reviewed...)
My gameroom

Return to Game Rooms & Home Theater