Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
8bit
Next-Gen

Re: 8Bit's Gaming Haven / Home Office

by 8bit Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:40 pm

Thanks everyone! I am glad that you guys like it! I wanted to get this thread up sooner but I had to wait to get the "travel" posters first before the room was complete. I think they really make the room.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:What did you do to get the Virtua Boy to sit like that on the shelf? I need to find a way to incorporate my collection in my home decor and that looks like a really cool way to do it.

It's on its original stand but with the tilt on the headunit all the way forward facing down. It was the only way to make it fit on any of the shelves without being completely out of place.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:42 pm

so fresh and so clean clean

Like it dood!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:46 pm

Gorgeous setup and yes the posters really bring the room together. Is your cocktail a stock Ms Pac/Galaga or do you have any of the mods for it?
Hazerd
Next-Gen

by Hazerd Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:46 pm

Awesome room, very clean, organized, and it has style.

Especially love this picture:

8bit
Next-Gen

by 8bit Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:49 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:Gorgeous setup and yes the posters really bring the room together. Is your cocktail a stock Ms Pac/Galaga or do you have any of the mods for it?

Keeping it all original with just Ms Pacman and Galaga. It has everything original and is ready for paid play except a coin box. I would love to have it setup where both sides for two players are accessible but that will have to wait until I have a larger game room.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

Broodstar
24-bit

by Broodstar Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:18 pm

Wow dude i love your room!
Tell me more about your portables, I've recognized most of them but details are welcomed.
Specially the Nintendo handheld games :D
I Am Fire And Life Incarnate.
My Game Boy collection
muhanad
64-bit

by muhanad Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:47 pm

WOW! :shock: Now that is a beautiful game room. I love how clean and organized it is. Where did you get the frames for your posters from if you don't mind me asking?
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:21 pm

impressive and very (and I mean VERY) organize!

Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:39 pm

fantastic!

I haven't taken pics of my game room yet because I was waiting for the renovation. We'll be painting and prob getting some new furniture in the next couple months. Funny thing - I'm planning a similar shade for the walls.

I have to ask - WHERE did you get the posters?

Also, Guinness rules.
8bit
Next-Gen

by 8bit Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Again thank you for all of the nice comments. I am really glad you guys like what I've done so far. Most of you have contributed to the contents of the room through sales and trades so I am glad to show y'all where they have lovingly been placed and enjoyed.

Broodstar wrote:Wow dude i love your room!
Tell me more about your portables, I've recognized most of them but details are welcomed.
Specially the Nintendo handheld games :D

Its not easy to tell in the pics but from left to right I have as 3DSXL, original GB, Teal GBC, Front lit modded GBA, NES GBASP, GBASP 101, GB Micro, Cobalt DS Lite, GP2X (cps2 arcade on a handheld is awesome!), NGPC, God of War PSP 3000, Modded PSP 1000, Sega Nomad. The only other handheld not displayed is my GameGear just because I don't have the room or really ever play it.

muhanad wrote:WOW! :shock: Now that is a beautiful game room. I love how clean and organized it is. Where did you get the frames for your posters from if you don't mind me asking?

Hobby Lobby. Every other week they sell them for 50% off in store and they are great quality!

noiseredux wrote:I have to ask - WHERE did you get the posters?
Also, Guinness rules.

http://www.posterrevolution.com . Shopping there was a great experience. Great prices, fast shipping, and good selection. The quality was way higher than I was expecting for $7 posters. And I agree, Guinness does rule!

Return to Game Rooms & Home Theater