Jagosaurus' Lair - UPDATE 3/30/14

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Jagosaurus' Lair - UPDATE 3/30/14

Post by Jagosaurus »

UPDATED 3/30/14 Added a dozen or so games since my update in February but two big additions here I snagged at about 1/2 of retail prices locally. SATURN RPG TIME! :mrgreen:

The only person on the boards who has been over is JoeAwesome so I wanted to share. Let me know what you think!
:D

TV Specs:
4:3 27" RCA Tru-Flat CRT (component, S-video, composite, & RF in), GREAT PICTURE.

Systems round one: SNES mini, DC, PS2 Slim, NES, Genesis (Model 1), Jaguar (composite out), Saturn (Model 1):

SNES Mini added!

3DS XL. My grey brick gameboy and games in my original case from the early 90s, visible in top left of second pic above.

Received a 7800 for free that runs 2600 games like a champ but hangs up while booting 7800 games. Clean system, trying to fix the issue. Check out other systems subforum.

I have this bed set up to sit on the edge for some two player action or kick back & double as a couch.

Wanted to show my Sony DVD / Video CD / VHS combo unit. Component, S-vid, and composite out. Movies look great on this beast! Watch my pre-HD movies on this hooked to my CRT.

If you'll notice the Star Wars Trilogy in the second photo above, that is the official Video CD release. Inside packaging pic below... nice niche format and release.

Closer look @ 3DS games:

My few boxed NES titles

JPN Saturn (+ jewel case NiGHTS and PD demo disc)

Dreamcast RPG collection. I imported PAL Shenmue II, good stuff! Still needing to pick up Skies of Arcadia to complete this... I know, I know. Missing the best one. There are a couple of JPN Sakura Wars games I'll be skipping.

Adding my CIB Jag games. I own right at half of the pre-JTS/Atari merger released games. Jag gets a bad rap but it's got its share of fun games & I enjoy collecting for it!

Jag FPS games. AvP is minty with all 3 overlays.

3 launch games released. Cybermorph is hard to find CIB bc it was pack-in cart only most of the Jag's life.

Super Burnout is possibly my favorite racing game. Amazing sense of speed.

Jag platforming

Nothing crazy here but, I love the hobby!
Last edited by Jagosaurus on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 12 times in total.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Jagosaurus' Lair

Post by emwearz »

Nice and neat with heaps of high quality games and systems. Love it.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Neat and clean. You need some s-video Jag action though. :)
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

so fresh and so clean clean
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

I like your boxed jaguar and Saturn games.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Appreciate the compliments, especially from Borat!

I really dig the way the Jag & Saturn boxes look on the shelves as well. Dedicated pics coming soon! Most of my CIB SS stuff came from craigslist and this 70 year old dude at a flea market (big box Virtually Cop Stunner pack was a flea market find from him!).

Yeah Hobie, I'll eventually upgrade to s-vid on Jag. Were you making those at one point IIRC? I know someone on RB was. There's a couple of dudes of Atari Age & Jag Sector who make them as well. I can't get over how much interference you get with Jag RF... & it came packed up with RF lol. Terrible decision by Atari bc the JAG's composite output is VERY crisp. It's a fun & odd system to collect for.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Yeah, love it man. So clean. :mrgreen:

That's also a very mighty fine set of Jaguar games you have there.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Yeah, that was me that was making them. I haven't felt like making another batch unfortunately.
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

I like it, neat, clean and organized. :mrgreen: