Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
mjmjr25

Re: Racket Boy Cab Club

by mjmjr25 Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:41 pm

EllertMichael wrote:Congrats, Mike! :D
How do you find the 15Khz stuff looks on those compared to the Astro's MS-8/9?

Y'know - I really don't notice any difference with monitors so long as the chassis on it is strong and the monitor doesn't have burn-in.

Both these monitors are crisp and look brilliant in 15 and 31.

I've had an MS8 Astro which when I got it was dull and just didn't pop. I thought my Blast w/tri-sync blew it out of the water. Then the chassis on the Astro died, replaced w/another and the picture was brilliant (dare I say comparable, perhaps better than the Blast).
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:19 pm

So...finally saw the true glory of 31khz. Wow.

Nyukki
128-bit

by Nyukki Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:56 am

Sweet as a nut! What game is that btw?
Weekend shmupper
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Arcana Heart Full.

My horrible camera does not do it justice.
skate323k137
Next-Gen

by skate323k137 Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:54 pm

Those AW cabs look really nice, man. Did you modify your CP on the one to take a sega panel? Or did it come like that?
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:38 pm

skate323k137 wrote:Those AW cabs look really nice, man. Did you modify your CP on the one to take a sega panel? Or did it come like that?

I put in a repro panel w/new sticks and buttons. They come (at least mine did) w/everything wired on the inside and labeled even. Meaning, inside my 1p setup, there are connectors in there all set to go and wired w/a molex that says "2p" on it for both buttons and stick - super slick and easy to convert to a 2p setup.

The panel itself is a repro that fits Astro / Blast, etc. It doesn't fit the AWSD perfectly. It drops in the grooves fine, but you have 1/3" on the top right and top left that is "empty", it looks fine up close, unnoticeable from more than 5' away, but I imagine some OCD types would not care for it.
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

by EllertMichael Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:21 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:I imagine some OCD types would not care for it.

skate323k137
Next-Gen

by skate323k137 Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:17 pm

I got Monkey Ball running on the NAOMI cab. I used a baseball panel for it, and had to wire in a switch to allow for inverting the polarity (stock baseball panel is backwards for monkey ball). Codecrank has a nice thread on this setup which helped me a lot http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19595

I played a couple innings of world series baseball too, and I was really impressed. I can't wait to sit down with a 6-pack and figure out the rest of that game.

Quick video of Monkey Ball working:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JROi8Iwzgc

Picture of the net city cab with the panel installed:

Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:44 pm

Monkeyball and Pod Racer...and Planet Harriers.

These are grail-tier setups.

Awesome conversion you pulled off - so so jelly. The good kind. Smuckers.
skate323k137
Next-Gen

by skate323k137 Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Thanks mike. Planet Harriers is definitely on my short "grail tier" list (as was monkey ball). I doubt I'll ever be able to justify the hikaru setup though unless I win the lottery... and seeing as I don't gamble that probably won't happen any time soon :lol:

The conversion for a baseball panel to monkey ball is actually really easy, just a DPDT switch to allow reversing vcc/gnd to the analog panel. If you don't want to play baseball ever, you can just switch 2 wires, but the World Series Baseball looks really promising as a fun game so I wanted an easy solution for the panel to work for both games. I was really hoping Cosmic Smash would allow an analog stick, but sadly it did not want to work.
Return to Game Rooms & Home Theater