Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
jay_red
Next-Gen

Re: Racket Boy Cab Club

Post by jay_red »

girlracer wrote:
EllertMichael wrote:
girlracer wrote:...MAME Cocktail...

sucks to be player two on that MAME Cocktail :?

Sweet old school Pepsi sub shop sign! really nice re-purposing.
are those walls really brick or is it wallpaper? your house looks awesome. 8)

player 1 is on the right, player 2 is on the left. the front controls are for games like the simpsons, tmnt, street fighter, etc.

the walls are panels, you can buy them at lowes. I had plain walls, felt the brick was more old arcade feel.

Rydon, that's badass

He was referring to how the 2nd player controls were switched, joystick on the right, buttons on the left.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

Post by gradualmeltdown »

Ok I'll bite. I love all types of games but mostly enjoy Capcom CPS2 and Neo-Geo arcade stuff. Its nice that both systems have decent multi boards that do not rely upon emulation. The VF2 machine is going to get auctioned off next month. Going to replace it with a candy cabinet someday.

As always Majors collection makes me sick.

My annual Puzzle Fighter competition at Portland Retro Gaming Expo

I like old games
I like new games
I like games
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

^ Do you just leave those on all day?
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

Oh no, they only get turned on every month or so lately :( Congo pinball gets the most play cuz the lady likes playing it. I run a business so gaming in general is mostly on hold for me.

The Capcom machine lived at a local Tilt arcade that I saved it from. Saved the Neo-Geo from being destroyed. Both monitors are still not bad but I try to save all the life they have left.
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

gradualmeltdown, very nice looking cabs you have there. I'm envious of the capcom cab.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

thanks man! The Capcom Qsound cab is my favorite gaming item in my collection bar none. I have the CPS-2 18-1 multi-board which allows me to have 1000's of dollars worth of Capcom arcade games running on legit hardware. I've got a few stand alone PCB's too such as proper Super Turbo and Puzzle Fighter.
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

Newest member of the family :)
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

I got the want of a candy so bad in me that I got the diabeetus. :cry:

So jelly of all y'alls cab setups, woodies and cocktails too. Keep 'em coming! I need moar pixxx to salivate over.
Phades
64-bit

Post by Phades »

My pride and joy that the wife also happens to love. I sometimes have trouble tearing her away from MDIII :)
WP_20130921_11_53_00_Pro.jpg
WP_20130921_11_53_00_Pro.jpg (186.02 KiB) Viewed 546 times
XBL: Phades
PSN: Phades
Steam: Phades
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

Phades wrote:My pride and joy that the wife also happens to love. I sometimes have trouble tearing her away from MDIII :)

Always nice when the wife/GF is supportive. My GF loves the neo cab and net city as well, and we often have neo turf masters or bust a move battles until very late hours of the night.

TSTR wrote:I got the want of a candy so bad in me that I got the diabeetus. :cry:

So jelly of all y'alls cab setups, woodies and cocktails too. Keep 'em coming! I need moar pixxx to salivate over.

I got really really lucky to score mine. I was checking about 5 different craigslist sections for my state, for just the word 'arcade,' daily for months until I found my cabs. You never know when someone will list something and they don't know what they truly have, and you've gotta be on it with cash in hand.