Move strip from: HERE
Yellow sticker, flyer & framed poster from: HERE
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Re: Racket Boy Cab Club

Post by ninjainspandex »

Just got my adapter that lets me play Jamma boards in my MVS cab

This is how I feel haha

I have Simpsons Arcade and TMNT arcade on the way so cannot wait to play those. Those a two and AVP were my favorite games as a kid and I can't believe I finally will have them all and be able to play them in a cab
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

ninjainspandex wrote:Just got my adapter that lets me play Jamma boards in my MVS cab

This is how I feel haha

I have Simpsons Arcade and TMNT arcade on the way so cannot wait to play those. Those a two and AVP were my favorite games as a kid and I can't believe I finally will have them all and be able to play them in a cab

That is really really cool! Where did you purchase the adapter? I wonder if multiboard jamma games would work well with this. I have an MVS just like the one you have...
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

http://www.jammaboards.com/store/jamma- ... a2mvs.html seems though the site is down and can't make an order until feb 22 :(
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

That was one of the best investments I have made. Still loving the fact I can shove this inside my MVS.

You can see the adapter in my pic too.
Attachments
gd rom resize.JPG
gd rom resize.JPG (189.71 KiB) Viewed 486 times
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I love NAOMI software, but the hardware end is so busy, drives me nuts.

Gratz, Clifton. AvP looks brilliant on that cab man.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

mjmjr25 wrote:I love NAOMI software, but the hardware end is so busy, drives me nuts.

Gratz, Clifton. AvP looks brilliant on that cab man.

Thanks Mike I wish the Neo Geo had 6 buttons so I could throw my fighters in there, but hopefully one day I'll get a candy cab for that, hell I'd even take a Capcom american woody 6 button cab if I could find one in good shape and not to expensive.

I agree on the NAOMI I pondered getting one for Capcom vs SNK 2 and Marvel Vs Capcom 2, but there is just so much going on and so many parts you need to get and apparently setting it up is a headache. And hard to justify all that when a dreamcast is basically a NAOMI. I think I'd rather just get a jamma modded Dreamcast.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I'll vouch for the audio quality being significantly better on NAOMI than DC and of course no loading, but in game action generally compares well.

If you have a JVS setup like NetCity, like skate has, then the setup isn't as complicated, but if you have straight Jamma, it requires the I/O and the associated wires, gets a bit too busy for my taste.

EDIT: I'm going to be looking into a Midwest candy cab group buy later this summer, i'll start a thread once i'm closer to doing it, likely July-August. So, just an FYI....
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

I once timed my self on how quick I could go from my Naomi GD Rom setup back to the original MVS setup. Working quickly it still took me 30 minutes.

I will generally keep the setup in for a month or more when its in. Cart or disc and pic swaps are as easy as changing a cart with a Neo Geo. There are a ton of great cheap Naomi games out there, though there are some pricey ones too. I am slowly going for a complete set of Naomi games playable on cabs with sticks and buttons. 19 games in, tons more to go.

I would love to get me a Net City upright and Naomi Universal upright some day.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I'm working toward a consolized NAOMI (save the dreamcast jokes) but i'm going for mostly unported, or ported to other consoles titles.

I got Illmatic Envelope today - will get around to playing it this weekend I hope. There are I think 4-5 unported to DC shmups for NAOMI cart (I haven't gotten into GD-Rom yet).

There are some cool titles that require unique setups, like Monkey Ball, Ninja Assault, and Sega Strike Fighter. I know Zombie Revenge can be made playable via the dibos menu and setting the sticks to Analog, but I haven't looked into whether the others can be made playable on joysticks.

I've heard Spawn is one that was ported and emulated poorly, so that is one i'm excited to try out on NAOMI.