Racket Boy Cab Club

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Re: Racket Boy Cab Club

Post by Bradtemple87 »

TSTR wrote:^Ooo pretty! And good to know your sack remained intact. :lol:

Yes I put a fresh scratch on the side of the bezel, but better than injury. This was the first time I have done a rotation without another person, and I 100% decided that I want to get a dedicated TATE cab in the future. I also may totally strip and paint this cab at some point. The last thing I want is scratches at that point. :)
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

It isn't the weight per se, it's extending that weight outward over the CP and not damaging it. I've gotten pretty quick, it actually takes more time to rotate the bezel now than the actual monitor. Granted, I let the monitor hang on the frame - I don't actually refasten all 4 nuts unless i'm going to transport it somewhere.

Lookin' good, Brad.

I recall seeing someone on shmups, maybe jasoncslaughter, had both Raiden games and a spare mobo for that system for like $130 shipped - heck of a buy if he still has it.
Casey120
24-bit

Post by Casey120 »

The Cute is rotated in a minute, the Aero's 26" is still doable when the cab is upright but an 29 " is best done alone when the cab is laying on it's back :lol:
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

Casey120 wrote:The Cute is rotated in a minute, the Aero's 26" is still doable when the cab is upright but an 29 " is best done alone when the cab is laying on it's back :lol:

I hope to find a nice aero city down the road for tate games with a 3 button option for the control panel. I think if I bought another blast city it would only be for head to head setups.

However, there is always the white whale egret machines with the rotate mech

How many setups are you running now Casey? I know you have two of the cutes? (That we are all super jelly of btw)
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Post by EllertMichael »

So... this happened
8)
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

^Vyxx?
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

Upgraded my astro city order to a blast city and just picked it up from Windy Gaming.

I'll post pics after I get the cab into my place.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Post by EllertMichael »

mjmjr25 wrote:^Vyxx?

No, but I did try (and fail) to scoop his Galuda

skate323k137 wrote:Upgraded my astro city order to a blast city and just picked it up from Windy Gaming.

I'll post pics after I get the cab into my place.

Congrats on the Blast! Cabs looked pretty clean from the pics I've seen...
IMO you should've stuck with the NAC for the lovely lo-res MS9 seeing as you now essentially have three cabs with the same monitors
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I really loved my blast but the goop of death has scared me off from owning another ever again. Too common a problem and replacement chassis are htf and when found, crazy expensive. I think it is only a problem w/the Nanao MS2931.

Is yours wired for both JVS and JAMMA, Alex?

I do love that control panel casing, being fully removable, makes for a perfect supergun.

When I couldn't find a replacement chassis for under $340 (refurb) and $700 (NOS) I parted mine. Got more parting it than I originally paid for it.

Control panel populated - $150
Control panel fiberglass encasement - $300
monitor - $250
speakers - $50
bezel - $50
marquee - $100
coin / pcb / coin bucket doors - $50
JAMMA/JVS harness - $50
PSU - $50
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

I hear you Ellert, but the blasts just looked so much nicer than the NACs. My main intent was a JAMMA cab, and while the astro I could have gotten has a nice monitor, the rest of the cab definitely showed its age. It would have been many more hours to bring it up to my standards for daily usage.

The Net Cities I have are 2933's, and I do think this blast has the 2931. It came with a JAMMA only loom, as well as a JAMMA/JVS loom with stereo sound and JVS power cables.

It took me a whopping 20 minutes to hook up a CPS2 kick harness and I'm already up and running 2l12b :) I had the kick harness left over from a year or two ago when I picked up a couple from Shadows (iirc) on the neo forums. I had no intent of buying a blast city when I got those, I had used them for superguns, but I had one left and it worked perfectly.

(large pic warning)
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.