Racket Boy Cab Club

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
mjmjr25

Re: Racket Boy Cab Club

Post by mjmjr25 »

Really nice shape man - it's a beaut, gratz!
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

mjmjr25 wrote:Really nice shape man - it's a beaut, gratz!

Thanks Mike btw I figured the no demo sound out, it was an option in the software dip settings. Where is a good place to get a new control overlay panel and a working coin mech? I'd love to be able to a actually put quarters in this thing instead of just hitting the credit lever thats half the fun of a cab.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

Nice get Ninja. It looks like a One Slot converted into a 2 Slot cab. I can see the Metal Slug 2 marquee but what other game did it come with?
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

bryan_65 wrote:Nice get Ninja. It looks like a One Slot converted into a 2 Slot cab. I can see the Metal Slug 2 marquee but what other game did it come with?

I'm glad it wasn't a 4 or 6 slot, as it was we had to take the door off the hinges to get it through the front door and it just barely fit. I measured it before with the door on and it seemed it would fit with an inch of clearance on either side but i unfortunately didn't take the doorknob into account. I actually got the marquees long before I got this cab the aero fighters 3 came with the cart and the Metal Slug 2 marquee was a free gift from Mjmjr25 (thanks dude never thought I'd actually use it in a cab haha, but you aparently did ;) )

The carts that came with the cab were Shock Troopers, Nam 1975, League Bowling, and a 161 in 1. I have all those carts already so I'm probably going to sell or trade them all. the grand total was $650 and the deal was he delivered it to my apartment and helped me carry it up the stairs. Figured that wasn't too bad of a deal especially considering the condition its in and needs very little help and great that I didn't have to worry about having to rent a truck and bribe a strong friend.

I really hope moving this beast back down the stairs when I move will be alot easier than moving it up.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

Solid pickup, I was going to mention about fixing the sound but I'm glad you got it running.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

bryan_65 wrote: It looks like a One Slot converted into a 2 Slot cab.

Curious why you think that. looks like a 2 slot legit to me, unless I'm missing something?

Coin mech wise, as long as the switches/wires are there, you'll probably just need a couple of these if you can't recalibrate the existing ones:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAPP-QUARTER-25 ... 1224992864
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

skate323k137 wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAPP-QUARTER-25-CENT-COIN-MECH-ARCADE-JAMMA-MAME-NEW-FREE-Priority-Mail-ANY-USA-/261224992864

hmm I'm concerned about ordering from them, just look at their second picture. Their warehouse just got hit by a tornado and lightning.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

skate323k137 wrote:

Curious why you think that. looks like a 2 slot legit to me, unless I'm missing something?

Look at the side it says Neo Geo System no MVS (as it is not a multiple slot cab) and no memory card reader. Also no ''Game Select" where they added the button. Any way still a very nice and legit Neo Geo cab congrats my friend.
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

bryan_65 wrote:
skate323k137 wrote:

Look at the side it says Neo Geo System no MVS (as it is not a multiple slot cab) and no memory card reader. Also no ''Game Select" where they added the button. Any way still a very nice and legit Neo Geo cab congrats my friend.

Ah, yeah, good call. Like you said, still a very nice scoop :)
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

And the unofficial Racketboy Neo Geo club gains another member!
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248