Storage advice?

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
GirlGamer55
64-bit

Re: Storage advice?

Post by GirlGamer55 »

Well I managed to get some of those hard plastic cart cases you know these: http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.vol ... 1320320925

They arn't in great shape, some are banged up pretty bad and have faided marking pen on them but since I have yet to come into my inheritance money, I think these might be a good place to start.

So does anyone here use these to store their NES games? If so do you use the cover project's box art for them, if you do how do you go about getting said artwork to stay in the case? I don't want to make it permanent so no glue. I suppose tape could work...
darkcat
16-bit

Post by darkcat »

I really wouldn't worry about putting the games in to cases, I've had mine loose for around 10 years in a cabinet and they all work fine still. If the climate Isn't regulated you could have a bit of tarnish on the connections but it wouldn't be hard to just clean em up. As for print art in a case like that use a thick stock paper and fold it should hold its self in place.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

GirlGamer55 wrote:^ I bet you would love this one guy on ebay just selling the printouts not even the cases...he has like 70 of them and is selling them for...20-30 bucks? lol...

That, I could ALMOST see. Getting them printed on a decent quality printer, even a Staples or something, is going to cost you like 75 cents a print (I know, I've been doing it), more if you go for the Legal sized paper that you REALLY should so as to not cut anything off.

Still kinda BS, but if he's selling 70 for 20-30 bucks, he's definitely not making money on the deal probably just trying to recoup costs.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread