A SEGA DC collection this good takes CD AGES

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Re: A SEGA DC collection this good takes CD AGES

Post by CD AGES »

Sonicx360 wrote:Phenominal game and system collection you got there, buddy! 8) And interesting story as well. Your DC with the Capcom logo stamped on it makes me want to stamp want on my own! You can call me crazy all you want, but the DC will - and always be - my favorite gaming console of all time!

I think i'm the last person you have to worry about calling you crazy for such a statement ;)

Small update with some Dreamcast arcade sticks. Updates to this collection will slow down for a bit due to personal matters. But thanks to everyone for checking out my stuff. Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

I so want that Ascii pad in the pic!
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

If I may quote Gill... "Resurrection!!!"
It's been a while -_-
But I recently added this rarity to my DC collection.
Officially known as the "Dreamcast Control Set"
This particular DC hardware was designed for the Internet Cafe business model in Japan back in the days. It bares a striking resemblance to the Dreamcast DVD prototype.
Will add better pics of it on the main collection page soon I hope.
Attachments
20150130_191529.jpg
20150130_191529.jpg (152.3 KiB) Viewed 18464 times
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Still in awe of the Dreamcast exhibit you have. The recent additions are quite nice touches! And I also enjoy the SAS variants, I will likely never find a Power Stone one for a decent price, but I do have:

Crazy Taxi
Ready 2 Rumble
Marvel vs. Capcom
Sega Bass Fishing
Virtua Tennis
Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Hydro Thunder and Power Stone are the fewest print runs I believe.

So cool though. You have set the bar as far as this community goes with Dreamcast collecting!
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

I believe Marvel 1 is alot more scarce than Hydro. I've seen the latter far more times in the wild than the former. But yeah, I'd assume Power Stone SAS is perhaps the rarest of that whole lot. Only reason I have it was because its the same copy I purchased back when it was released in stores.
Don't give up Blu!

I've actually amassed quite a few more dreamcast items. A few US titles, quite a few imports and some additional factory sealed items. But this Control Set hardware is perhaps one of my biggest highlights to add to my collection. There's isn't much info on this thing. Just a thread on assembler of someone finding one of these over a decade ago.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

What does the control set do?
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

SpoonyBard wrote:What does the control set do?

It just plays Dreamcast games. I was designed for online games like Alien Front Online and PS Online. The hardware has a built in Microphone Jack for online communication and supports nearly all video outputs of the time. It appears it connected online thru a serial port. Needless to say, it didn't catch on and faded into obscurity like the Internet Cafe boom of the end of the 90's
Attachments
net@2.jpeg
net@2.jpeg (215.97 KiB) Viewed 18430 times
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

Quite an amazing DC collection you got there. :shock:
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Looks like I'm going to have to ressurect this ol' thread. Been doing a fairly terrible job in updating it with some of the additional stuff that i've aquired for the system over the past year or two. Perhaps because i've also been distracted with on ther game consoles and simply life get in the way of the hobby. With that said, I just recently got my hands on this little piece of Dreamcast history yesterday. Still quite into collecting marketing materials for Dreamcast as much as I am with the hardware and game library. Still remains my favorite after all these years.

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I just looked at the OP. Holy shit. I think I came a little.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.