Aar1012's Game Collection (Updated 5-18-2014)

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Aar1012's Game Collection

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Aar1012 wrote:It's an HD, yes. I love that TV. I got it for $20 about a year ago. It's heavy and we had to take the door off the TV to get it in the car.

Awesome. I paid a bit more for mine, but I love it to death. (If you haven't done so already, watch some black-and-white movies on it. They look amazing.) I agree that the thing weighs a ton, however. (I am going to be re-arranging the connections on mine soon, and I dread moving the thing to get behind it...)
Aar1012
24-bit

Post by Aar1012 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Aar1012 wrote:It's an HD, yes. I love that TV. I got it for $20 about a year ago. It's heavy and we had to take the door off the TV to get it in the car.

Awesome. I paid a bit more for mine, but I love it to death. (If you haven't done so already, watch some black-and-white movies on it. They look amazing.) I agree that the thing weighs a ton, however. (I am going to be re-arranging the connections on mine soon, and I dread moving the thing to get behind it...)

My Girlfriend and I joked that if we found someone stealing it from the apartment then they can have it. They got it that far already
Systems Owned: NES, Sega Genesis (Non-TMSS), Game Boy, Game Gear, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis (Model 2), PlayStation, N64, Sega Dreamcast, GBA SP, Xbox, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Wii, Playstation 3, PSP, Nintendo 3DS
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Aar1012 wrote:My Girlfriend and I joked that if we found someone stealing it from the apartment then they can have it. They got it that far already

:lol:

My wife and I consider ours "theft-proof". I mean, seriously, who in their right mind would lug a 100lb+ TV out of our house that is worth - at most - $50? Only an insane retro gamer videophile would do something like that!
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

Your collection is off to a nice start!! 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
Aar1012
24-bit

Post by Aar1012 »

My TV died tonight. I turned it on to find the standby light blinking at me 11 times.

And I just rewired EVERYTHING
Systems Owned: NES, Sega Genesis (Non-TMSS), Game Boy, Game Gear, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis (Model 2), PlayStation, N64, Sega Dreamcast, GBA SP, Xbox, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Wii, Playstation 3, PSP, Nintendo 3DS
Godot102
64-bit

Post by Godot102 »

I like your collection so far! I especially dig the two Tombas, two games I actually still do not own for ps1.
Aar1012
24-bit

Post by Aar1012 »

So I got a new TV. My dad gave me his old Vizio E321VL. It's nice to move up to a flat screen with HDMI but it only has one composite port and one component port. I'll have to figure out a new system to hook up the older systems (I've already got two switches). It was free and I'm not arguing because my Xbox 360 (what we use the most) looks nice on it.

I should be able to get a VGA box for my Dreamcast
Aar1012
24-bit

Post by Aar1012 »

I finally got around to rewiring the new TV. I moved some stuff around and cleaned the space up. I have the NES, N64, PS1, and Gamecube on the side.

I'm not rewiring a TV for a long time now. My back is killing me.

Here are some of the nerdy things that we have at the apartment

Here are some of the stuff added to my collection since my first posts. Within the span of a minute and $5, the Atari 2600 became the biggest part of my collection. Sadly, I don't own an Atari 2600.

Aar1012
24-bit

Post by Aar1012 »

So we've redone everything for our entertainment area and thought I would give an update to the current set up

Here is a close up on the actual consoles.

I'm using the cube storage area to display the consoles I don't have hooked up to TV and a cloth bin with controllers. The Atari is, unfortunately, a plug and play. Eventually, I get a real one. I need to figure out what I want to put in the empty spaces. Currently, I have a stuffed Goomba and a Blue Yoshi in two of them.

Here is the actual game collection. I know that I need to replace the shelving unit (it was my old roommate's) but it's holding for now.