CasterOfDreams' Gen 8 Portable Collection

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

CasterOfDreams' Gen 8 Portable Collection

Post by casterofdreams »

This is my collection of Generation 8 portables. Sony PS Vita and the Nintendo 3DS. This is going to be a growing collection so I will update with a new picture when I have at least two new games to snap a pic. So with out further delay here goes:

Nintendo 3DS:

Sony PS Vita:

So there you have it. Enjoy!
Last edited by casterofdreams on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Re: CasterOfDreams' Gen 8 Portable Collection

Post by Hazerd »

Both portables have alot of potential, i however have choosen the 3DS path and am looking forward to what the developers have to offer.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

My hopes for the Vita to succeed is all for naught. Many people in the game journalism industry seem to think that this year we may see the Vita fade into the past. I sure hope not.

The consensus is that the Vita is a great system with power and potential but is brought down by high price, mandatory and proprietary memory cards, and a lack of developer support either through no game development, ports form other systems, lack of original games, or crap like some big name games that are nothing like the big boys.

I will remain hopeful.
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

casterofdreams wrote:The consensus is that the Vita is a great system with power and potential but is brought down by high price, mandatory and proprietary memory cards, and a lack of developer support either through no game development, ports form other systems, lack of original games, or crap like some big name games that are nothing like the big boys.

The lack of development of original games certain is hurting things. I've had one since launch, and still don't have more than a small handful of games, whereas my 3DS library is bursting at the seams. I'm itching to buy more for the Vita, but that's the way things are right now.

If the PS3 is any indication, Sony will get there...eventually.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

The first year for any console is rough it seems, the 3DS has been out for over a year and is just starting to pick up. I remember my GameCube sitting in my basement for a year after i finished Smash Bro Melee, just wasnt anything i was interested in the first year.

I wont be buying a Vita for at least another year, i also wont be buying a Wii U for at least 2 years, i didnt get a Wii till the end of 2010 and im glad i waited, the selection is great if you can just be patient.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

I like the start of your collection.

I got a 3dsXL a few monts ago too.

My collection is buliding up as well.

I kinda have thought about getting a Vita. But my psp gets lots of use right now. So that is not for me yet.

You need to beef up on your DS games.

Unless you're going the pirate route? :twisted:

it seems you dont have DS games with the boxes. That should not stop you from owning lots of cheap boxless DS games that are out there right now.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Yiddishpilot
16-bit

Post by Yiddishpilot »

I use my vita all the time...to play psp games. Also how is need for speed on the vita? I have been thinking about picking that up.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I'm not too worried about the DS. I don't pirate. Those are the 5 games that I'm interested in having and keeping. They don't have cases because I purposely wanted it that way.

Need for Speed is good. Not like it's 2005 counterpart, the best Need for Speed ever made. It's the console experience made portable with a little graphical constraints compared to the PS3.
Last edited by casterofdreams on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Aside from one addictive game in Ragnorak odyssey, I haven't played the Vita as much as I wanted to.. Atm I'm playing Gravity Rush bit by bit and will be playing P4G as well.. Hopefully more good titles are released for it and the price is reduced to $200 without taking a loss(maybe a good remodel)..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

You got a nice selection of portable games and systems especially your Nintendo 3DS. 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection