Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
AppleQueso

Re: Michi's Game Collection - *Gamecube Added*

by AppleQueso Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Michi wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote:Looking good there but oh geez sticker!

Thanks. And do you mean the great, big yellow one on the Zelda Collection? Yeah. I know. I hate that thing. People complain about the Gamestop stickers, but the one's that have always given me problems were those EB Games monstrosities. Damn things are a pain. I'm going to have to take the hair dryer to it eventually, but I keep putting it off because I loath it so.

Why not just pick up a cheapo gamecube game you don't care about with a nice case and swap the cases?
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Michi's Game Collection - *Gamecube Added*

by Michi Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:09 pm

AppleQueso wrote:Why not just pick up a cheapo gamecube game you don't care about with a nice case and swap the cases?

I've been thinking about doing that with the Bomberman game since Hobie brought it up, actually. Seeing as it's disc-only, it'd be a quick swap. I'm still going to work on getting that damn sticker off though, just in case I need the case for something more important later on.

Forlorn Drifter wrote:^007 and PD are FPS games, but I know a large amount of people that buy them only for the fact that they are "classics", despite the fact that these people don't even like playing those games. I personally can't deal with that.

I have fond memories of playing 007 and PD at my friend's house. I do enjoy playing the missions by myself, but I'll admit, they get the most use out of the multiplayer option when I have friends over.

pierrot wrote:Oh, man. I used to play that Sailor Moon S puzzle game all the time on an emulator at work when I was in junior high.
I'd imagine I'm not the only person who typically scoffs at girly, licensed video games, but the Sailor Moon license has contributed a surprising number of decent video games. Not the least of which, one of those two that you own.

I really like the Sailor Moon puzzle games. I started playing them when I found a site a couple of years ago that offered all the games for emulation. Another Story was pretty good too, from what I remember playing. The fighting games weren't half bad either.

Now that I have some disposable income, I've decided that one of my mini-gaming-goals is to eventually acquire all the Sailor Moon games CIB, with perhaps the exception of Another Story, since I won't be able to read what the hell I'm doing. With that one I'll probably just have to stick to the online translation.
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Michi's Game Collection - *UPDATE*

by Michi Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:12 pm

*UPDATE*

Added my small 32x, Dreamcast, and DS/3DS collections. Also added my Genesis carts (boxed games will come later) and updated the Wii section.
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Michi's Game Collection - *UPDATE: Genesis and PS3 ADDED

by Michi Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:56 pm

*Update*

The Genesis collection has been fully updated and the small, fledgling PS3 collection has been added.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:06 am

I must have missed an update or two :shock:

Michi you have one of the strongest collections I've seen here, and looking over these beautiful big pictures is like a giant shopping list where I think "oh yeah, I still need to get that!"

For one, I definitely need to get that Dinosaurs for Hire game for the awesome artwork alone. I don't even care if the game is any good.

A++ thread. Will visit again.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:10 am

dsheinem wrote:I must have missed an update or two :shock:

Michi you have one of the strongest collections I've seen here, and looking over these beautiful big pictures is like a giant shopping list where I think "oh yeah, I still need to get that!"

For one, I definitely need to get that Dinosaurs for Hire game for the awesome artwork alone. I don't even care if the game is any good.

Indeed. Almost makes me want to start my own thread again. Almost.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 pm

dsheinem wrote:I must have missed an update or two :shock:

Hobie-wan wrote:Indeed. Almost makes me want to start my own thread again. Almost.

Thanks, guys :)

Glad to know you appreciate my photographic efforts.

Though, I'll be really glad when I'm finished taking pictures of everything.....
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:40 pm

You DVD/Blu Ray cases are in really good condition. You must not shop at GameStop... or have found a fool-proof way of removing that residue.

So many RPGs! 8)
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:02 pm

That's a whole mess of games.
Pretty impressive how, essentially, evenly spread your collection is over the consoles.
Gotta do something about that Dreamcast situation, though. It burnses me.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Man that Genesis collection closely reflects my own. A lot of good stuff there like the phantasy star's, the shining series and one of my favorite games for the system, Landstalker. I just can't get enough of that game. Really cool to see all the great games you have man. I applaud you!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Return to Game Rooms & Home Theater