NintendoTwizer's Game Room *Update 1/26/17*

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
8bit
Next-Gen

Re: NintendoTwizer's Game Room *Update 4/17/13*

Post by 8bit »

RCBH928 wrote:I never understood people who put so much time into collecting then they decide to sell it. All the effort is gone. All the sentimental value of owning the collection is gone. For years he gave up a lot of money and time to collect it. I am guessing that selling in a bundle means he will lose a lot of money.

Then again $150,000 is a life changing sum. Why did he decide to put so much money into games if he needs it.

All very good questions. But as many other have pointed out over the years, priorities and other life goals simply change over time. I know at some point in my life there will probably come a time to sell my games. Its not fun or happy to think about right now but its a truth that probably best acknowledged.

I wish NT nothing but the best of luck selling and want to thank him for putting together one of the most well thought out and beautiful collections ever seen. To me it is a 100x's better the guinness world record holder's collection from last year.

One thing I wonder is what his actual price to sell the whole thing is. I am 99% sure price listed is just a placeholder for people to make offers. What dollar amount do you guys honestly think his collection is worth?
Last edited by 8bit on Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I don't know but if I had the money I would buy some. Not only he has the games, he has them like brand new. Collectors usually have their games from pawn shops with missing art work, scratches, etc...

My only guess is that this guy made good income in younger age where he held videogames in higher regard, and now he doesn't care as much and maybe he is facing financial difficulties.
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

The auction ended with a best offer being accepted! Congratulations NintendoTwizers! I hope someone really cherishes the collection you so thoughtfully put together!

You certainly don't have to but I'm curious enough to ask... once things have settled down and the transaction is 100% complete would you mind sharing with us what the collection sold for?
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
NintendoTwizer
16-bit

Re: NintendoTwizer's Game Room *Update 1/26/17*

Post by NintendoTwizer »

Geez, three in a half years without an update. I'm slacking. I fixed all the pictures in the previous posts. Thanks imageshack :? Anyways! Just completed a Wii set and my new game room. :)

mikenac
16-bit

Post by mikenac »

holy cow. thats amazing! :shock: :shock:
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It probably won't be long before we see these photos making the rounds on the internet in various "Your Video Game Collection is Nowhere as Cool as This" articles. Amazing collection.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

TSTR wrote:It probably won't be long before we see these photos making the rounds on the internet in various "Your Video Game Collection is Nowhere as Cool as This" articles. Amazing collection.

It begins.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Ha, always love it when that happens.

Glad to know you're doing well, Twizer. It's been a while.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5