Page 9 of 23

Re: Jmustang's Gameroom and Collection -Huge Update 1-31

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:02 am
by AppleQueso
Wait, 60 percent of 1200? So you've accumulated well over 600 games in the past year alone!? :shock:

I'm sitting on less than 140 games, almost all accumulated in the last two and a half years.
Sure I've had a few setbacks that kinda severely shrank my collection but still...geez I need to get cracking! I've got catching up to do!

Re: Jmustang's Gameroom and Collection -Huge Update 1-31

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:32 am
by Jmustang1968
AppleQueso wrote:Wait, 60 percent of 1200? So you've accumulated well over 600 games in the past year alone!? :shock:

I'm sitting on less than 140 games, almost all accumulated in the last two and a half years.
Sure I've had a few setbacks that kinda severely shrank my collection but still...geez I need to get cracking! I've got catching up to do!


Eh, I know you are just joking,but it isn't so much a race or competition. I just try to get games I want to play or enjoyed in the past. I have little mini goals like working designs and atlus games, and I usually snag any rpg I can find. But a lot of those games came in a few lots I bought locally with a ton of carts. Sure there are a few filler games in there, but I try to be discriminate in what I buy or add to the collection. The hunt and upkeep of it is part of the fun for me. The bonus with collecting games is that I also get to play them! Lol

Re: Jmustang's Gameroom and Collection -Huge Update 1-31

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:36 am
by AppleQueso
Jmustang1968 wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:Wait, 60 percent of 1200? So you've accumulated well over 600 games in the past year alone!? :shock:

I'm sitting on less than 140 games, almost all accumulated in the last two and a half years.
Sure I've had a few setbacks that kinda severely shrank my collection but still...geez I need to get cracking! I've got catching up to do!


Eh, I know you are just joking,but it isn't so much a race or competition. I just try to get games I want to play or enjoyed in the past. I have little mini goals like working designs and atlus games, and I usually snag any rpg I can find. But a lot of those games came in a few lots I bought locally with a ton of carts. Sure there are a few filler games in there, but I try to be discriminate in what I buy or add to the collection. The hunt and upkeep of it is part of the fun for me. The bonus with collecting games is that I also get to play them! Lol


I know, I know, it's the same way for me. I only buy games I want to play. Still though, I guess I have a sense of 'inadequacy' regarding my collection. Just feels overly small compared to the bulk of collections I see around here, and a lot of them haven't really been accumulating for much longer than me...

Really it's the reason I've never started up my own collection thread :P

Re: Jmustang's Gameroom and Collection -Huge Update 1-31

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:37 am
by dsheinem
I spy at least a game or two I sent your way! The diversity of this collection reminds me in some ways of my own and has made me think about updating my woefully out of date thread (hmmmmm.....).

A very nice selection of games across a range of platforms!

Re: Jmustang's Gameroom and Collection -Huge Update 1-31

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:49 am
by Jmustang1968
dsheinem wrote:I spy at least a game or two I sent your way! The diversity of this collection reminds me in some ways of my own and has made me think about updating my woefully out of date thread (hmmmmm.....).

A very nice selection of games across a range of platforms!


Haha thanks, and do it! I had been meaning to make this update for weeks now.

Ad yeah, there should be a bunch of games from members on here. This site has really helped me snag some affordable gems to my collection.

Re: Jmustang's Gameroom and Collection -Huge Update 1-31

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:53 am
by Jmustang1968
AppleQueso wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:
Eh, I know you are just joking,but it isn't so much a race or competition. I just try to get games I want to play or enjoyed in the past. I have little mini goals like working designs and atlus games, and I usually snag any rpg I can find. But a lot of those games came in a few lots I bought locally with a ton of carts. Sure there are a few filler games in there, but I try to be discriminate in what I buy or add to the collection. The hunt and upkeep of it is part of the fun for me. The bonus with collecting games is that I also get to play them! Lol


I know, I know, it's the same way for me. I only buy games I want to play. Still though, I guess I have a sense of 'inadequacy' regarding my collection. Just feels overly small compared to the bulk of collections I see around here, and a lot of them haven't really been accumulating for much longer than me...

Really it's the reason I've never started up my own collection thread :P


Id say do it as well. 140 games is a good collection, especially if you appreciate them all. By an average games viewpoint that is a ton of games. It helps show others your gaming setup too, and your tastes in games.

Re: Jmustang's Gameroom and Collection -Huge Update 1-31

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:55 am
by dsheinem
FYI, some of the pics don't work.

Re: Jmustang's Gameroom and Collection -Huge Update 1-31

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:58 am
by AppleQueso
Jmustang1968 wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:
Eh, I know you are just joking,but it isn't so much a race or competition. I just try to get games I want to play or enjoyed in the past. I have little mini goals like working designs and atlus games, and I usually snag any rpg I can find. But a lot of those games came in a few lots I bought locally with a ton of carts. Sure there are a few filler games in there, but I try to be discriminate in what I buy or add to the collection. The hunt and upkeep of it is part of the fun for me. The bonus with collecting games is that I also get to play them! Lol


I know, I know, it's the same way for me. I only buy games I want to play. Still though, I guess I have a sense of 'inadequacy' regarding my collection. Just feels overly small compared to the bulk of collections I see around here, and a lot of them haven't really been accumulating for much longer than me...

Really it's the reason I've never started up my own collection thread :P


Id say do it as well. 140 games is a good collection, especially if you appreciate them all. By an average games viewpoint that is a ton of games. It helps show others your gaming setup too, and your tastes in games.

Perhaps...

I'm going to be moving soon, that'd probably make for a good opportunity to take lots of pics.

Re: Jmustang's Gameroom and Collection -Huge Update 1-31

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
by retrosportsgamer
JMustang - do you track your collection online anywhere? I've wanted to start this (and did a little at rfgeneration) but have a LOT of games also.

Re: Jmustang's Gameroom and Collection -Huge Update 1-31

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:06 am
by Jmustang1968
dsheinem wrote:FYI, some of the pics don't work.


Strange, imageshack seems to be acting up. They were all working last night/early this morning. Will have to check it out when I get home