Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
mjmjr25

Re: Jmustang's Gameroom and Collection

by mjmjr25 Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:04 pm

I can't imagine your vizio doesn't have 4:3 mode.

I use LCD's exclusively - for everything.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:15 pm

Ya it should have it. I actually have my tv set to where it goes to 4:3 mode whenever the tv signal isnt HD.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:24 pm

Sweet,Id play all my systems more if they werent in different rooms of the house.Ill check my TV settings to get things looking proper.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:05 pm

So I set all but my snes and nes up to my lcd,I have to say PS1 and Saturn are horrors on an lcd.TG16/cd looked good and so did the Sega cdx,which leads me to believe the S/nes would also look solid on the Vizio.

But all in all I cant game on my Lcd excluding xbox (component),360(hdmi),GC(svid) and PS2(svid).
Especially how the polys look for ps1/sat yuck!

O'well I tried,but if you get a chance to game on a crt and let me know how you like it :D
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:52 pm

TEKTORO wrote:So I set all but my snes and nes up to my lcd,I have to say PS1 and Saturn are horrors on an lcd.TG16/cd looked good and so did the Sega cdx,which leads me to believe the S/nes would also look solid on the Vizio.

But all in all I cant game on my Lcd excluding xbox (component),360(hdmi),GC(svid) and PS2(svid).
Especially how the polys look for ps1/sat yuck!

O'well I tried,but if you get a chance to game on a crt and let me know how you like it :D

Hmm I've played on both. I have to say, I enjoy the PS1 and Saturn on the LCD... My biggest issue with CRT has always been screen glare. I love the 'soft' screen of an LCD.

To note, I also play PS1 on the PS2 or PS3, so there may be some upconversion there that is making it look better.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:09 pm

My issue is just the size of them. I can't imagine bringing a CRT back into the house...now that they're gone. (I say this as I am picking up something beastly in November :roll: )
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:31 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:My issue is just the size of them. I can't imagine bringing a CRT back into the house...now that they're gone.

But you have been sir, in all those cabs. :P
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

by s1mplehumar Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:54 pm

You've really got a nice, varied collection in your possession. Good on you for collecting stuff in mostly nice shape. Building a nice library of games in very good+ collection takes time and extra $, but imo, it's worth it in the end.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:59 pm

s1mplehumar wrote:You've really got a nice, varied collection in your possession. Good on you for collecting stuff in mostly nice shape. Building a nice library of games in very good+ collection takes time and extra $, but imo, it's worth it in the end.

Thanks. Ya I typically only go for stuff in pretty good condition. The only stuff thats beat up or marked on is stuff I find locally in lots. I buy a bunch of stuff new as well.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:48 am

My usual update added some of my new acquisitions in the last month or so
Return to Game Rooms & Home Theater