My Darkstalkers Collection

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Re: My Darkstalkers Collection

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

@7k - Very awesome Comic collection! Every con I go to, the Darkstalker run and the Street Fighter runs are at the top of my hunt list! So hard to find in the wild, it seems, probably due to how well Udon treats the Capcom franchises. I've got the collected series and I agree - I was disappointed at the omission of some of the side stories. But the one I have includes "the rare Morrigan origin story previously only available in the 2004 Capcom Summer Special." I'm assuming this is the collected tbp your were referring to?

Mendoza wrote:Also anyone remember the american darkstalkers cartoon?

This is best left forgotten... It was actually worse than the Street Fighter one..
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
Mendoza
128-bit

Post by Mendoza »

Mendoza wrote:Also anyone remember the american darkstalkers cartoon?

This is best left forgotten... It was actually worse than the Street Fighter one..[/quote]

Now thats saying something. Still id take it over most of the cartoons that come out now.
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

I just tried street fighter alpha generation with the same type of boot up message Hard drive. I backed up game to to hdloader successfully. The game started, so I tried to choose a game from collection. The game never booted up, kept saying "loading...." . Its works/plays fine with original ps2 disc. I also tried openps2 loader no difference. These are the games that are not playable for me: Street alpha series, yakuza, darkstalkers collection, sonic Unleashed. Someone here recently confirmed one of the Gradius games work on either hdavance or hdloader. I would like to street fighter ex 3, not sure if it works. Someone needs to update the openps2loader.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

Hobie-wan wrote:Compat list

http://list.sksapps.com/

I gone through that site too many times fo 2 yrs, its slow or goes offline/errors. I just visited that site earlier today. right now its running fine.
"Remember if it worked on HDLoader 7C it will more than likely work on HDLoader 8B/8C!
Let us Know! "
I should let them know
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Darkstalkers has to be my favorite fighting game series. I hope to find those UMD Video discs one of these days. I was hooked on The Chaos Tower for the better half of my Sophomore year of High School. :lol: You have a great collection there, Noise. I would have been all over that PS2 collection disc if it worked on American PS2s. But, you should know that, in case you ever get a Dreamcast, the DC version of DS3/VS supported online multiplayer. Obviously, it is offline now, but still, online play in a console Darkstalkers game! Mind=Blown.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

lisalover1 wrote:Darkstalkers has to be my favorite fighting game series. I hope to find those UMD Video discs one of these days. I was hooked on The Chaos Tower for the better half of my Sophomore year of High School. :lol: You have a great collection there, Noise. I would have been all over that PS2 collection disc if it worked on American PS2s. But, you should know that, in case you ever get a Dreamcast, the DC version of DS3/VS supported online multiplayer. Obviously, it is offline now, but still, online play in a console Darkstalkers game! Mind=Blown.

I'm really hoping they bring a Darkstalkers to PSN. But that's probably just a daydream.
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

emwearz wrote:I only own 1 Darkstalkers game Vampire Hunter - Darkstalkers' Revenge (JPN) for the Sega Saturn...

I know ;)

Yeah, it is the normal story with the PS1 vs. Saturn. Capcom 2D fighters are generally better (more frames, smoother and better control... but maybe "blue shadows") on the Saturn. Yours falls into this category. The one that you have, Darkstalkers' Revenge, is ONLY on the Saturn (well, also PS2 later on) and it's pretty much the same as the arcade. The original game was only ported to the PS1, and... as usually, it doesn't quite match up. The next game in the series is on both systems (PS1/Sat), and it's no comparison. The PS1 version is missing lots of animation and has longer load times, while the Saturn version is pretty much the arcade version with less loading than the PS1.

I like the Darkstalkers games, but I still find myself playing SFII, SFAlpha/Zero2 and SFIII more. I just like the characters and atmosphere more. Just a personal preference. It is fun to have a Darkstalkers game, or two or three, around to play around with sometimes though!
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

noiseredux wrote:I'm really hoping they bring a Darkstalkers to PSN. But that's probably just a daydream.

Well, they're bringing Darkstalkers 3 (Vampire Savior EX) to PSN as a PS1 classic (or at least they were...)

Online play is doubtful though.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

benderx wrote:I just tried street fighter alpha generation with the same type of boot up message Hard drive. I backed up game to to hdloader successfully. The game started, so I tried to choose a game from collection. The game never booted up, kept saying "loading...." . Its works/plays fine with original ps2 disc. I also tried openps2 loader no difference. These are the games that are not playable for me: Street alpha series, yakuza, darkstalkers collection, sonic Unleashed. Someone here recently confirmed one of the Gradius games work on either hdavance or hdloader. I would like to street fighter ex 3, not sure if it works. Someone needs to update the openps2loader.

Have you tried Rev 520 of OpenPS2 Loader?

http://www.4shared.com/file/cInlTcMK/Op ... 8_r520.htm

This works for Street Fighter Alpha Anthology (I can personally confirm) as well as a couple other trouble games like Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. It may work for Darkstalkers too.

Also, glad to see my UMD's went to good use Noiseredux. :) <--meant to post that weeks ago.
I was thrilled to see them all front and center in the pics.
...just another lost soul...