My Darkstalkers Collection

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Chempop
16-bit

Re: My Darkstalkers Collection

Post by Chempop »

I basically only play shmups, but if I'm making an exception and feel like some fighting then Darkstalkers/Vampire is the first series that'll spring to mind. Between the art, roster, music, and backgrounds... it is just the most appealing to me.

I own Vampire Hunter on Saturn (US) and Vampire Chronicles on DC which I absolutely love because they mashes all the games into one and I think it's the only ver where ALL the characters are available to use.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Forgot all about this thread.

I went to Japan last November and got a lot of Vampire related merch, mostly comics and such.

Also got this, a premo Felicia figure that cost me more than any other figure I own.
http://i.imgur.com/zoP0W8i.jpg
titanoboa

Post by titanoboa »

nightrnr wrote:
titanoboa wrote:How did you do it? Can you post a detailed instruction for mac book users? I am new to this stuff and just want to play dark stalkers collection on my america ps2 fat.

Since you have a Fat model:
Best I can recommend is to put it on HDD and play via FreeMcBoot/OPL (the image will require around 4.5 GB). That's what I do and it plays beautifully.

However, I can only get it to load when I hold R1 to go immediately to uLaunchElf and loading the OPL elf file directly. Also, it will only load from a fresh boot, so resetting to the OPL menu (from a different game) will not play the game;
...you would have to turn off the system and reload OPL from holding R1 to go to uLaunchElf.

Weird quirks, but as long as I can get it to play without too much trouble, I can't complain. Combined with my PS2 to Saturn controller adapter, this is my favorite way to play the game(s).

I did patch it with ESR as well, but I have no idea if that had any effect on the getting it to work.

Best of luck, whatever you try :wink:

Thank you for caring. Well I have since given up on this monumental task. I only wanted a arcade perfect version of Darkstalkers: Night warriors game. I have the Vampire chronicles game, but my favorite version was the original first game on the arcade. I still have fond memories of the first night I went to me local mall and got to see the game back in 1994. It seems that my love for the mac book has been my downfall in this endeavor and I have to face the reality that most home brew/exploits are for the windows users. It would be nice if you could post a youtube video of you showing how you boot this game and actually playing a couple of mins of the game.

Thanks for your help.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

titanoboa wrote:Thank you for caring. Well I have since given up on this monumental task. I only wanted a arcade perfect version of Darkstalkers: Night warriors game. I have the Vampire chronicles game, but my favorite version was the original first game on the arcade. I still have fond memories of the first night I went to me local mall and got to see the game back in 1994. It seems that my love for the mac book has been my downfall in this endeavor and I have to face the reality that most home brew/exploits are for the windows users. It would be nice if you could post a youtube video of you showing how you boot this game and actually playing a couple of mins of the game.

Thanks for your help.

Just saw your post...
If you just want to play the 1st game, this method might not be worth the effort.
I don't do the youtube thing too often, but maybe I'll get around to it sometime. My room is a disaster right now (a frequent situation), so probably not in a good position to show anything right now.

If you really really really really want to see it working (seeing is believing, gives hope and all that), I might be able to accommodate in a few days.
Really though, it might only help you if you had a working soft modded PS2 and a good way to load PS2 ISOs to the HDD. Showing it running is not going to help you to get it running.
The exploit itself is your major hurdle.

As you said, most, if not all, of the exploits and tools are targeted for windows (and linux), so unless
a) you can borrow a PC
or
b) get programs working with Wine (which I wouldn't want to mess with)... maybe the "winebottler" program would work though?
...just another lost soul...
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Hey, I did a quick video of Vampire Chronicles working on OPL.
Resolution sucks and I don't do many videos, but there it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0e5joI6h2g

Once again, I wish you luck!
Chempop
16-bit

Post by Chempop »

I am borrowing a cps2 Vampire Savior and it is pretty darn nice compared to playing Chronicles on the DC. After I get used to the PCB (and inevitably return it to the owner) it will be interesting to see how Chronicles really holds up.

Finally experimenting with characters outside of Morigan and Lilith. Any favorites here?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Chempop wrote:Finally experimenting with characters outside of Morigan and Lilith. Any favorites here?

Morrigan, Felicia and Sasquatch are ones I gravitate towards.
Retrozoa
64-bit

Post by Retrozoa »

I've always been fond of Talbain. The way you can change the direction of his dashes mid dash allow for some real mind games.
Current systems: Atari 2600[x2], NES(top loader), SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, PS2 slim, xbox, xbox 360, Turbografx-16, Game Boy Pocket, Game boy SP[x2], Nintendo DS[x2], Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS, Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Wonderswan Color, Neo Geo MVS.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Retrozoa wrote:I've always been fond of Talbain. The way you can change the direction of his dashes mid dash allow for some real mind games.

Yeah, I've always liked dash moves (and werewolves). He's definitely a good choice for a manic player IMO.

I use Talbain, Morrigan, Lilith, Sasquatch, and sometimes BB Hood.

I've had some fun with Demitri, but in other games (Capcom Fighting Evolution and SvC Chaos).

I also know that there are a lot of Lei-Lei/Hsien-Ko fans out there (surprised no one has spoken up yet). I'd like to learn her and Donovan sometime.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

Noise, I think you will appreciate my latest purchase. :)

Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.