My Darkstalkers Collection

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
AppleQueso

Re: My Darkstalkers Collection

Post by AppleQueso »

noiseredux wrote:I have SOnic Mega. I can try that. No idea what patching with ISOBuster means.

Basically you'll be ripping the game to your computer, patching the resulting image file, and then burning a copy for playing.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

AppleQueso wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I have SOnic Mega. I can try that. No idea what patching with ISOBuster means.

Basically you'll be ripping the game to your computer, patching the resulting image file, and then burning a copy for playing.

I made an ESR patched copy... if that's what you mean? Still didn't work right.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Alright, here's my collection of Darkstalkers merch.

Games, and a lone VHS tape. Couldn't find the rest of the tapes. Hope they re-release the series on Blu-Ray, because those DVDs are far beyond expensive. (Custom covers. I leave the real cases in the closet to collect dust and not cracks.)
Far left: Vampire Savior CPS2 (JPN) B-Board.
Top, Left to Right: Night Warriors Vol. 3, Darkstalkers (PSX), Darkstalkers 3 (PSX).
Bottom, Left to Right: Night Warriors (Saturn), Vampire Savior (Saturn), Darkstalkers Chronicle (PSP)

Comics!
Top, Left to Right: Vampire Hunter 1, Vampire Hunter 2 (these are the collections of shorts by various mangaka I was talking about), Darkstalkers Issue 1 2nd, Issue 1A, Issue 1B.
Bottom, Left to Right: Darkstalkers Tribute, Issue 2A, Issue 2B, Issue 2 2nd.

More Comics!
Top, Left to Right: Issue 3 Limited Cover, Issue 3B, Issue 4A, Issue 4B
Bottom, Left to Right: Issue 5 Limited Cover, Issue 5A, Issue 5B

And yet, More Comics!
Top, Left to Right: Night Warriors 2, Night Warriors 4, Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors 1B
Bottom, Left to Right: Night Warriors 5, Night Warriors 6, Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors 2A

Figures. Not a lot, and none of them expensive, but hey - it's something.

To Do List:
Completing my comics collection (at least getting one of DS issue 6, one of DS:NW issue 3, and NW 1 and 3.)
Getting legit copies of Vampire Chronicle For Matching Service (DC) and Vampire Collection (PS2).
Somehow getting ahold of the entire Night Warriors animated series. DVD, UMD, VHS, I don't care. Like I said, really hope it gets re-released as a Blu-Ray.
At least one 'premium' figure.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

@The7k, so how are the Udon Darkstalkers comics? Are they as good as the Street Fighter ones?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dammit 7k that's impressive. Like I said I want at least one awesome Morrigan figure for my collection. What country are you in? I've never seen those PS1 cases before.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

noiseredux wrote:dammit 7k that's impressive. Like I said I want at least one awesome Morrigan figure for my collection. What country are you in? I've never seen those PS1 cases before.

They're just US ps1 longbox cases
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

AppleQueso wrote:
noiseredux wrote:dammit 7k that's impressive. Like I said I want at least one awesome Morrigan figure for my collection. What country are you in? I've never seen those PS1 cases before.

They're just US ps1 longbox cases

I don't think they are. I've never seen a US longbox for Darkstalkers 3 and the longbox for Darkstalkers I've always seen looks like this:

AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

WAIT

no those are custom DVD case prints from TheCoverProject... ones that he made himself at that.

http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=9202
http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=10523

how did I miss that? Same thing with those two saturn games.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ah okay.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I didn't even question that they weren't retail cases until I got a closer look at them :lol: