My Darkstalkers Collection

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Dylan
Next-Gen

Re: My Darkstalkers Collection

Post by Dylan »

noiseredux wrote:
fvgazi wrote:Noise, almost every time I read one of your posts it makes me want a PSP really bad. I know I've probably mentioned this already, but I still love the Darkstalkers collection.

I don't see a reason to NOT get a PSP man! They're so cheap now, and the games are even cheaper!

Modding is also a breeze now as well.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

noiseredux wrote:OMG you guys I got it to work! I still had my ESR patched file that didn't work but I read that burning it using DVD Decryptor would "rebuild" the image properly and... IT WORKS!!!! I'm so happy this thread was bumped so that I'd think about this again. :D

Awesome!
I'm really glad you got it working. Hopefully that info helps others getting Vampire Darkstalkers Collection to play.

Weird though; that game seems so finicky on a US system.
...just another lost soul...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yeah it is strange. Anyway, my patched disc works great, and I already got my original copy back via trade haha. Now I'm actually wondering if I even need 1 and 3 on PS1 anymore considering how good the arcade versions are on PS2...
ujnhunter
64-bit

Post by ujnhunter »

noiseredux wrote:Now I'm actually wondering if I even need 1 and 3 on PS1 anymore considering how good the arcade versions are on PS2...

Probably not... feel free to donate them to me. ;)
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

yeah it is strange. Anyway, my patched disc works great, and I already got my original copy back via trade haha. Now I'm actually wondering if I even need 1 and 3 on PS1 anymore considering how good the arcade versions are on PS2...

If your goal is to collect Darkstalkers merchendise then YES. I personally wouldn't bother if I didn't have them already. They are pretty terrible ports (like just about every 2D fighter to grace the PS1 lol!). I mean if you gotta have them as seperate (more faithful) releases then go for the Saturn versions instead (first title need not apply).
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

For someone new to Darkstalkers (like me) where would you suggest to start?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Luke wrote:For someone new to Darkstalkers (like me) where would you suggest to start?

Darkstalkers 3, definitely.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

I kinda' like the Darkstalkers 3 (Vampire Savior) port on PS1. It's definitely not as good as the Saturn release, but it's still pretty good IMO.
Plus it has that "original" mode where you can sort of level up your character, as well as edit the color scheme (can't remember if VS on Saturn had that option).
Plus it's in English, which is nice if you like to read the endings (Saturn version has an English mode too that can be unlocked).

I'd keep it.

The 1st game depends on if you want it for your collection. There's not much of a reason to play it over the collection version.
Part of me always wanted the longbox (US version) though. I passed on it one day, even though it was cheap, because I already had Darkstalkers 3. I'm still deciding whether I regret that decision or not.
...just another lost soul...
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

nightrnr wrote:Part of me always wanted the longbox (US version) though. I passed on it one day, even though it was cheap, because I already had Darkstalkers 3. I'm still deciding whether I regret that decision or not.

I'd say regret it - as it's a solid port of the first game, (if you can look past load times, which are honestly not that bad, given the era of the early PSone.)

Does anybody know why they never had a PS release for NightWarriors? How did Sega get the exclusive rights for the NA release..?
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Does anybody know why they never had a PS release for NightWarriors? How did Sega get the exclusive rights for the NA release..?

Sega and Capcom were tight during those times lol! The game is an amazing port considering it doesn't even use the RAM cart.