ATB's Game Room (Pic Heavy)

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Re: ATB's Game Room (Pic Heavy)

Post by D.D.D. »

I really like this set up. *thumbs-up* All you need now is swivel La-Z-Boy or something soft that also can rotate for the various TVs. :D
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

Do you like Sega?
arnold_the_bartender
64-bit

Post by arnold_the_bartender »

Marspants wrote:How are you using the RGB to componet? Do you have an upscaler or something of that nature?

I'm not using an upscaler at all. I'm just taking the native RGB from the console and converting it to component via a scart to component converter. The audio is coming from the back of the Sega CD. The TV is able to display it in it's original resolution at 240i (i think that's the number) so it's pretty much playing the games in crystal clear format like an emulator.

Anayo wrote:Do you like Sega?

Sega of the 90's. It's the Genesis/CD/32X that I like collecting for mostly. I grew up with the Genesis and it was my first console but I played a lot of NES and SNES when I was younger when I would go to my cousins house. When I get my check (it was for volunteering at the November 2nd election) next week I'm going to buy an NES and SNES since I need those badly unless I save it all up and get a Neo Geo AES. Then again, if I get it then I'm going to have a hard time getting all the games since I'm not regularly getting income. The games are so dang expensive. That's why I need get a job badly then it'd be no problem.

Oh yes, Genesis games are easier to find complete since the plastic cases weren't tossed out as much as the cardboard boxes of other consoles. I'm a CIB nut but won't mind carts for NES.
What a maneuver!

My j00tube channel: http://www.youtube.com/arnoldthebartender
skyknight
128-bit

Post by skyknight »

Nice collection of the glory years of SEGA, was this room an expansion from the house?
arnold_the_bartender
64-bit

No. It's completely separate in the backyard. In fact, there's another shed but it's small and we just put our tools and stuff in it. For the game room, we renovated it, put sheetrock and all sorts of stuff. There used to be a dip at the doorway where the door would open but we cut the bottom of the door and placed a wood cutout where the dip was. This is because sometimes people wouldn't be aware of the dip and almost trip when stepping up. You can probably notice that by the white outline of the doors opening rage. The paint is kinda chipped there. There's also insulation in the walls but it still gets kinda chilly in the morning. Also, there used to be a second story. Thankfully there are outlets everywhere. On the back wall, there's two and on the sides there's 3. On the walls next to the door, there is one on each side as well so it's plentiful. That's a total of 10 outlets on the bottom level and there is another outlet where the neon lights are and another one where the boxes consoles are (but it's covered up with a plate). There's even an outlet on the top of the ceiling which the ventilation fan is plugged into.
What a maneuver!

arnold_the_bartender
64-bit

optmusprimenumber wrote:i'm really diggin that cup of thumbtacks

Got for for a little over 3 bucks at Walgreens. Came with clear thumbtacks and an assortment of colors thumbtacks. A must have for sure.
What a maneuver!

optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Post by optmusprimenumber »

arnold_the_bartender wrote:
optmusprimenumber wrote:i'm really diggin that cup of thumbtacks

Got for for a little over 3 bucks at Walgreens. Came with clear thumbtacks and an assortment of colors thumbtacks. A must have for sure.

ha, i was just messin with ya man, cuz you said something like "ignore the cup of thumbtacks" ... touche maybe
LXL_Guy
16-bit

Post by LXL_Guy »

Cool collection dude. Just curious but is it insulated well in there during winter? Also I think you need to get some comfortable seating in there.
VGMStudios
16-bit

Post by VGMStudios »

Thats a really cool set up. But one question. Does it get noisy in there when you got a few ppl over playing on all those tvs? That would be crazy! :)

VGM out...