ATB's Game Room (Pic Heavy)

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
arnold_the_bartender
64-bit

ATB's Game Room (Pic Heavy)

Post by arnold_the_bartender »

So finally, here it is. I've been collecting like crazy for a few years (and doing well when I was working) but I've been on a poor man's budget for a while. It sure is hard to get a job these days. Speaking of a poor man's budget, my setup consists of several wooden boards I had from my setup I had at my old place before I moved to the other side of town two years ago. I just put the pieces together and whaddaya know, it doesn't look too shabby. Talk about being creative I guess. My room looks more empty now since I did some moving and consolidating. I plan on putting in more bookcases and other storage solution stuff and add more to the collection. This explains why some of my stuff is disorganized such as the games that are sitting out on the shelves in the main setup area. Here are the pics I took today. (Note: those big white "splotches" is merely the camera flash. I didn't know how to turn off the thing but it was getting dark outside anyways and I neglected to turn the lights on.

This is a view from the door:

From the opposite side:

Starting from the right side of the game room from the door:
That wooden board to the left is something I might mount up to use as a shelf.

A bit higher up from that:

Moving along towards the middle:
The TV there is a little off-center for no reason. I plan on setting that up as a small station to hook a console at on the bottom of the audio rack to the TV. I bought the TV for $20 at Goodwill a few years back. Ignore the cup of thumbtack to the right of the TV.

Going from the middle to the top/corner:
Yes, those are Sega and Sonic Team 'neon' lights which plug in.

Another view but more towards the front:
Sonic Clock (custom made) but the battery is dead. I keep forgetting to replace it.

A front view of the main setup:
I'm trying to move the Genesis games that are there into separate shelves to leave room to work with consoles that get hooked but that'll have to wait until I get another bookcase or something. The Genesis/CD/32X is hooked through RGB -> Component.

Now moving on to the left side:
I just barely mounted that shelf-thing that has the Playstation and Game Boy case on it. Yes, that's a complete copy of the Japanese version of Sonic CD. There is the Zenith from '87 and Sony Trinitron from '97. Both suited for extra game stations. There's a shelf in the Trinitron's TV stand. The cubby on the left side of the bright wooden TV stand has a bunch of comics, mags, and posters. Some of which I still need to put up.

Once again, moving towards the middle but this time on the left side of the place:
A wheely cart with stuff I'm parting with on it, a projector in it's case underneath, and mini-fridge next to it (with freezer area on top :P ). For those participating in the Bay Area get-together, I would've been able to hook the projector up but 1) I need something like a small stand/table to put it on and 2) It will just have to go on the wall, I don't have a screen.

Just above the cart and fridge on the sloped ceiling:
I guess the ceiling gives it that man-cave look, eh?

Closer view of the stuff I'm selling (not including the projector):
Also, the Genesis has a VDP issue but it still functions. The layers will be messed up and games will look glitchy. I'm selling it to anyone who wants parts or whoever wants to fix it. It's a VA7. Yes, that is a heater in the corner for those wintery days coming ahead.

Enter in and do a complete 180 and you'll see this above the door:
Sonic 2 calendar ftw. Let's go in shall we?

Starting from the left of the bottom shelf:
The model 1 on the right was imported from Canada. I like the old school style art on the front. That blue box is Lethal Enforcers. I guess I can find a place for it now since I did some cleaning up and moving around.

Moving to the right:
Had to get that Genesis hiding in the back in the shot.

Still moving right:
The dumb thing about the Mega Drive II is that it didn't come with the PAL power supply, let alone any at all.

Past all the Genesii, we get to this:
The 32X is new and there is a CIB CDX underneath it.

Now to the end of the line:
The Genesis 3 is new and all 8 of the teamplayers are new/unopened. Also, all 3 of the stereo audio video cables, both the controller extension cords, and the Dreamcast RF unit are new and unopened.

Now for the top shelf starting from the left:

Going to the middle:

And to the right:

A view from atop the ladder I was using for the shelves:

Another semi-pointless shot:

My sound system is hooked to the main setup. It's comprised of a Logitech z4 3-piece speaker system which I used as left/right speakers (two satellites which are mounted and an 8" subwoofer), a Gigaware 3-piece sound system (two satellites on each side of the TV and a 5" subwoofer) that I use as additional left/right speakers, a Sony surround sound receiver with two rear speakers hooked on the side and two front speakers (which pretty much does rear surround) in the left and right back sides of the room, and a 10" KLH subwoofer some guy was about to dump out because he though it wasn't working. Luckily I took it off him and only the receiver wasn't working but the subwoofer does. Tee hee.

There you have it. My modest collection. I used to have over 400 NES carts and a good number of SNES games as well as merchandise and accessories but something sad happened to it all so my collection is about half as big as it used to be. I plan on rebuilding a juggernaut of a collection and hopefully I can get some arcade cabs. This room would've been perfect since the walls are lined with plenty of outlets.
Last edited by arnold_the_bartender on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What a maneuver!

My j00tube channel: http://www.youtube.com/arnoldthebartender
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Re: ATB's Game Room (Pic Heavy)

Post by sevin0seven »

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! :)

yep, this is a good place for the bay area racketboy meet up. :wink:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
arnold_the_bartender
64-bit

sevin0seven wrote:niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! :)

And it's separate from the house, we can crank things up.
What a maneuver!

Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

That's a lot of boxed Sega there sir. :)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Very nice collection!

Before the onslaught comes pounding on your door, maybe get a few power strips and switch boxes hooked up? Saves headaches of the constant swapping video-audio connections.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

Holy Sega!!!

Why so many duplicates of Sonic 1 and 2? You've got NHL Hockey and NHLPA Hockey '93 after the rest of the series! Where is the Nintendo love (especially NES/SNES), Turbografx-16, Neo Geo, etc.? Two Master Converters? A ton of Team Player adapters?

Ok, I'll stop being a critical bastard. It is actually very impressive. I found myself drooling over your amazing Genesis console collection. Very cool for sure. I absolutely love the boxes for the Genny, especially the model 1. It looks like it is very easy to just sit down and play, which is sweet. I approve!

Which Genesis shoot 'em up titles do you have? Do you have any Japanese Mega Drive stuff?

I do have to ask... are you also over at the Sega-16 website?
Marspants
64-bit

Post by Marspants »

I like the Sega love, I'm extremely envious of all your boxes
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

Post by dedalusdedalus »

arnold_the_bartender wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! :)

And it's separate from the house, we can crank things up.

That's pretty awesome. How'd you do it? Is this a converted garage or shed or something?
arnold_the_bartender
64-bit

@CRTGAMER: Yeah, I really need to buy some more. I only have two but it's not too bad since the outlets are plentiful. My dad busted the third one though when we was doing some wiring inside the house with it so he had to take another one of mine. Positive and negative got switched on accident, yo.

@Breetai: Feel free to chew me out. The 8-teamplayers came in one lot for about 20 bucks so that explains that. Still, that's plenty. :lol: I really need to catch up on everything Nintendo and I can't wait to branch out to other consoles. I really want to get a Neo Geo AES one of these days but they are so dang expensive on the net. Once I get a job it'll be taking off in no time. As for your question about Sega-16, yes, you can find me there. I have a few shmups. Arrow Flash, Thunder Force II, Forgotten Worlds and Sol-Feace for the Sega CD. However, I'm missing a lot of good ones like Eliminate Down, Gaiares, M.U.S.H.A., Gleylancer, etc I am really wanting to get my hands on M.U.S.H.A. but it's rare. I also want to get Silpheed and it's much easier to get. Overall, I'm still missing a lot of quality Genesis titles. I happened to come across two Mega Drive (JP) games. One is Ninja Burai Densetsu and the other is NHK Taiga Drama. I put them alphabetically with the Genesis games after getting their translations so you should be able to notice them in the pics. I'm also waiting on a CIB Mega Jet to come in the mail.

@dedalusdedalus: Yeah, it used to be a tuff shed. The previous owner used to use it as a radio station. In fact, it was two stories so there would've been an upper floor (that explains where the ladder came from. It used to be mounted to the opening and there was a hatch that would open up to the top floor) but the ceiling was kinda low so my dad took it out before I moved my collection in there. During the summer, the second story would keep the bottom floor cool and warm during winter. Oh well, guess it's a trade off for more vertical space. Plus the skylight brings in more light from the ceiling.
What a maneuver!

Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

This may be just conjecture, but do you like Sega? I wasn't able to tell or not.
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001