the King's Gaming Parlor

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Para
128-bit

Re: the King's Gaming Parlor is open!

Post by Para »

Nothin like drinking some Old Milwaukee and playing bubble hockey.
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

Awesome it reminds me of the bar in my town that used to have a neo geo.
jalvarez82
24-bit

Post by jalvarez82 »

That's freakin' awesome, man. I, too, will have my own game room in the near future.
DaGamingMonkey
128-bit

Post by DaGamingMonkey »

So kick ass.
Love the bubble Hockey I want one so bad.
The Lidstrom jersey kicks ass, as does the retired numbers you have hanging up there by the bar.

I am jealous. Looks like the best place to watch a Wings game next to being @ The Joe.
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

Beautiful Man Cave! One day, I hope to create something similar for me and the guys! :cry:
the King
Next-Gen

Post by the King »

DaGamingMonkey wrote:So kick ass.
Love the bubble Hockey I want one so bad.

That was a $45 craigslist find. Granted it need some fixing up and and some TLC, but still a pretty good deal.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It was a lot of work, but I'm pretty proud of how it turned out. I'm excited to get a fridge and stove down there behind the bar, but it looks like due to some financial restraints that's going to be later than I had hoped. Plan is to put a 27" crt tv on top of the fridge for watching from the bar and I'm going to hook up a Gamecube with some wavebirds for game playing from the bar as well.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Hi King. I followed your sig link back to this thread.

Seeing your Sega TV - central TV - Nintendo TV setup has inspired me.
I'm going to hook up the rf out of my Genesis to the antenna connection on one old TV, and do the same with my SNES rf out to the coax input on another old TV. Then I'm going to send the composite signals from all my systems (including the aforementioned Genesis and SNES) to a switchbox connected to my central TV.

My gameroom is always a work in progress, but it's almost good enough now that I can take pictures again.
the King
Next-Gen

Post by the King »

samsonlonghair wrote:Hi King. I followed your sig link back to this thread.

Seeing your Sega TV - central TV - Nintendo TV setup has inspired me.
I'm going to hook up the rf out of my Genesis to the antenna connection on one old TV, and do the same with my SNES rf out to the coax input on another old TV. Then I'm going to send the composite signals from all my systems (including the aforementioned Genesis and SNES) to a switchbox connected to my central TV.

My gameroom is always a work in progress, but it's almost good enough now that I can take pictures again.

I have that right now myself. On some systems like the N64 there is only one "out", so you have to switch it on the back of the system, but the 64, SNES and Gamecube all have the same hook up, so that makes it work easier actually. I can play any of the Sega or Nintendo systems on the wide screen or their CRT setups and like you were saying with the coax and rf out, I can broadcast the NES on two TV's at the same time if I wanted to. I'd love to see pictures when you get yours setup.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

the King wrote:

Excellent. Can you crack that puppy open and add detail to the players? I can picture a 1932 Red Wings vs Rangers set up work for your setup.
the King
Next-Gen

Post by the King »

Luke wrote:
the King wrote:

Excellent. Can you crack that puppy open and add detail to the players? I can picture a 1932 Red Wings vs Rangers set up work for your setup.

I was actually thinking about painting the blue team white and having Old School Wings(Howe, Lindsay, Abel, Kelly, Delvechio, Sawchuk) vs New School(Yzerman, Fedorov, Lidstrom, Konstantinov, Osgood, maybe Pavel or Hank). So, yes you could add detail, just haven't gotten around to it if I'm going to at all. The outside sides were originally a dull gray and I painted it red already.