the King's Gaming Parlor

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
visual_death
24-bit

Re: the King's Gaming Parlor is open!

Post by visual_death »

not a sports person either, but love the set up! I love the bar too!

For some reason, I'd be scared to through darts at a wall and think that I'll mark up the wall. Of course, that's only cuz I have bad aim *lol*

The urinal is awesome! Even if I am a girl...

I remember my next door neighbor had an arcade set up in this basement and behind the wall like you have was a toilet instead of a urinal.
vash23n
Next-Gen

Post by vash23n »

vash23n wrote:Is that ice in your urinal? I see that at the bar I got to all the time to play darts. I always thought they were just dumping excess ice in there because they were too laze to carry it 3 more steps outside. Is there something more to it I am not aware of. Also, love that the man's bathroom is also the cat's bathroom. I have been there. Charge your friends to use the bathroom, make them scoop the litter first.

Thanks! That makes so much sense and I can't believe someone took the time to answer me. Good stuff.
Para
128-bit

Post by Para »

I have a boner.
Pringles
16-bit

Post by Pringles »

That's a beautiful BurgerTime bezel! Wanna sell it? :P
Consoles: Atari 2600,NES,Atari 7800,Genesis,Sega CD, SNES,N64, PS1, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii.
Handhelds:GBC, GBA, GBA SP, NDS, NDS, NDS i, NDS i
Arcades: Neo Geo MVS, BurgerTime, Tempest, Frogger
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Para wrote:I have a boner.

pics or it didn't happen
the King
Next-Gen

Post by the King »

slowslow325 wrote:
I especially love how simple it looks. I can't tell where exactly the games are located, but I would prefer they had more exposer, but that could kill the simplistic look. So, I dunno.

It might not of been clear from the pics I posted, but the built in shelves with the console games is right in the main living area. Here is another pic and one below I posted before that you can get an idea of where it is. It's 6' tall by 3' wide. Each shelf holds 50 NES games if that gives you a better idea of the size of it.

There is some overflow of games in the closest to the left, along with all the controllers.
the King
Next-Gen

Post by the King »

and I forgot to post my controller storage solution. I keep this in the closet and it wheels right out. Spaces for memory cards and what not right on top.

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Good controller storage, King. Personally, I use the hanging shoe rack method. It doesn't look quite as neat, but guests always compliment me for it.

Can I see a close-up picture of your foosball table? I love to rock the foosball when I'm drunk. It's not that I'm any good; I just like to play.

vash23n wrote:Thanks! That makes so much sense and I can't believe someone took the time to answer me. Good stuff.

You're welcome Pal. I'm just full of useless information.
the King
Next-Gen

Post by the King »

It's actually a bubble hockey table. I used to have a foosball table, but it didn't really get played that much. Got this off of craigslist a while back pretty cheap and cleaned it up. So far it's geting a lot of use.

Gnashvar
128-bit

Post by Gnashvar »

Awesome setup :D
Thanks everyone...