Is it time to start collecting the obscure?

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Re: Is it time to start collecting the obscure?

Post by flojocabron »

theres always time to collect the werid stuff.

better get it before it goes up in price again!

PUCHUUUUUUUUU!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Nyukki
128-bit

Post by Nyukki »

Quite an epic "rise from your grave!" post there, flojo.

What's an N64DD anyway? Some sort of big boobed Nintendo? Suppose I could've just googled...
Weekend shmupper
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

Nyukki wrote:Quite an epic "rise from your grave!" post there, flojo.

What's an N64DD anyway? Some sort of big boobed Nintendo? Suppose I could've just googled...

The N64 Disk Drive but yea maybe it could've offered double the delight for N64 owners.

It was basically a Zip Drive for the N64 and only released in Japan.
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
Frag Mortuus
Next-Gen

Post by Frag Mortuus »

If 8bit is still undecided, I would go with the TG16. The rest of those may only have one good game, but are only worth buying for the collection factor. I won't buy a system unless I honestly want to play the games on it.

Systems I still want are:

Dreamcast - But I'm worried about buying aging disc based system because of the drives failing after I've invested a bunch of money into games and accessories.

Retron 5 - I'm not too much of a purist. I'm fine with buying an all in one console.

XBox 360 - I traded my 9th or 10th one off when buying a PS4 because it was failing. I want another one, I regret trading all of my games.

Xbox One - Because Dem Grafix.

Gamecube - Same as Dreamcast, just worried about investing heavily then the system failing and not being able to find a good replacement, I understand that this is just paranoia and that a decent system should be available especially with OG Wii's being able to play GC games.

N64 - This is one of my least favorite games systems ever, but there are a handful of games that I do enjoy. Namely, Mario 64, Rogue Squadron, StarFox 64, SW Shadows of the Empire, and a few others.

Turbo Graffix 16 - I had one years ago with quite a bit of games, but in High School I had moved on to PS2 and thought that I wouldn't play my old games anymore so I gave my aunt a HUGE box of retro stuff 4 or 5 SNES', 2 Genesis, TG16, NES, tons of accessories for each, and games. The box was so heavy that my dad and I had to lift it together. I was a dumb kid.

The systems that I would like to have but won't buy are the Saturn and Neo Geo, the cost of the games is too prohibitive to me. Maybe one day when I've exhausted all of the systems above and the games I want for each system, but that will be a really long time from now.
noiseredux wrote:Frag Mortuus rules.

Sell/Trade/Want List