Page 8 of 9

Re: Luke's Room

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:12 pm
by Hobie-wan
Look good to me. If you think that's a mess, you'd probably have a heart attack as my current ordered disaster. :lol:

BoneSnapDeez wrote:For some reason I always pictured you with a thick Southern accent. :lol:


Obviously he's doing a fake voice. That didn't match the imagined voice in my head at all.

Re: Luke's Room

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:27 pm
by Luke
Hobie-wan wrote: That didn't match the imagined voice in my head at all.



Sorry to disappoint.

Now I wonder what you guys thought I would sound like.

Re: Luke's Room

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:29 pm
by Hobie-wan
Luke wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote: That didn't match the imagined voice in my head at all.



Sorry to disappoint.

Now I wonder what you guys thought I would sound like.


Not a disappointment. Just different. Not that I can describe the version in my head. *shrug*

I imagine people expect me to have a deep twang, but I don't really.

Re: Luke's Room

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:30 pm
by noiseredux
I thought you would sound like Brian Austin Green.

Re: Luke's Room

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:35 pm
by TSTR
You don't sound like yer from round here, boy...

Great vid tho! Your third floor looks like a wonderful happy place.

Re: Luke's Room

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:01 pm
by Luke
noiseredux wrote:I thought you would sound like Brian Austin Green.


I could have added a few "Yo yo Check it"'s had I known.

TSTR wrote:You don't sound like yer from round here, boy...


Chicago, born and raised. On the playground....

I moved from Chicago to Columbus Ohio, to Lenoir NC.

When I'm in the South I get "You sound like a Yankee", when in Chicago I get "You have a thick Southern accent".

HellifIknow.

Re: Luke's Room

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:45 pm
by Hobie-wan
Luke wrote:When I'm in the South I get "You sound like a Yankee", when in Chicago I get "You have a thick Southern accent".


My girlfriend at school was from South Carolina. She had a pretty thick accent, though she'd lose some of it just being around the melting pot at school. It would come back when back at home.

Re: Luke's Room

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:15 am
by TSTR
Luke wrote:When I'm in the South I get "You sound like a Yankee", when in Chicago I get "You have a thick Southern accent".

HellifIknow.

Weird. You don't sound like any of the folks I've met from the Midwest (esp Chicagoland), and I've met quite a few. But then again, I don't hear a pronounced drawl either, and I spend a lot of time around rednecks.

U R 1 OF A KIND BBY

Re: Luke's Room

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:24 am
by Luke
TSTR wrote:Weird. You don't sound like any of the folks I've met from the Midwest (esp Chicagoland), and I've met quite a few. But then again, I don't hear a pronounced drawl either, and I spend a lot of time around rednecks.

U R 1 OF A KIND BBY


This makes me chuckle. My family in the windy city definitely has that "don't cha know?/daaa Bullss" Chicago accent, as does my Father. My Mother sounds like a straight up hick. How my Father kept his accent and my Mother completely lost hers is mind boggling.

I guess my accent is no accent,

Re: Luke's Room

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:23 pm
by samsonlonghair
Luke wrote:This makes me chuckle. My family in the windy city definitely has that "don't cha know?/daaa Bullss" Chicago accent, as does my Father. My Mother sounds like a straight up hick. How my Father kept his accent and my Mother completely lost hers is mind boggling.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_English_regional_phonology

Luke wrote:I guess my accent is no accent,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_American

There are wikipedia articles about everything.