Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Sano
Next-Gen

Re: What's the rarest game you own?

by Sano Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:13 pm

I believe I already posted here but my rarest game is probably my copy of Dragon Force for Saturn.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:15 pm

It's probably not worth the most, but I've got copies of Star Odyssey and Pier Solar for the Genesis.

I think the rarest stuff I have tops out at around $250-300. That complete-in-box TMNT: Tournament Fighters goes for a lot more than I expected. I've also got almost all the PSX RPGs, including Suikoden II.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
avrame
128-bit

by avrame Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:27 pm

I have SnowKitty's first edition copy of Pier Solar and his thank you letter for backing their project. Was considering donating it as part of the holiday auction, but couldn't let it go :(
If you aren't having a good time, why are you playing?
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:41 pm

So this topic keeps coming up with the marker that I've posted in it before and I couldn't remember when. Did a search and found my original post:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13355&p=128739#p128739
If you're going by strict numbers of what was in the wild, then my rarest game is one of the Vectrex homebrew carts I have. Expanding the definition to include retail releases, then I believe Ogre Battle is my rarest game, as the SNES version has a very small print run. Fortunately, the number of people interested in it are similarly small, so I was able to get my copy for a reasonable (around $30-40) price.

It's belated, but I'll update my rarest game owned now (got it 4.5 years ago):

Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:53 pm

MrPopo wrote:Image

Can I get your street address, code to any security system you may have, and a layout of your house? Thanks.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:55 pm

You will be driven off by my attack cats. And by driven off, I mean distracted by giving them attention until I can club you with my autographed Portal gun.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:57 pm

MrPopo wrote:You will be driven off by my attack cats. And by driven off, I mean distracted by giving them attention until I can club you with my autographed Portal gun.

No kidding; I'd be distracted sneezing myself to death. I'm allergic to cats. Abort mission.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

mas
Next-Gen

by mas Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:21 pm

I don't think I own any rare games anymore well maybe I have ps2 stuff. Does the snk collection like metal slug anthology or marvel vs capcom 2 count?
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:33 pm

Probably my rarest is Dice Puzzle for the Atari 2600 I don't think any of the games published by Panda really had a high production count or sold well so most of there games are not very common. No listings on Amazon currently and all the eBay listings are around $40ish BINs which is pretty high for an Atari 2600 game.
pteague87
8-bit

by pteague87 Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:09 pm

Not super-rare really but I guess I would say my "most expensive if you bought them on Ebay now" list:

Dreamcast

-Seaman - Minty
-Canon Spike - Minty
-Pier Solar - Like new
-DreamPassport 3.0 - New ( I hear screams now.....I paid 50 for it recently so it was rare to me)
-Grandia II - Like new

Mine probably aren't that impressive comparatively, But I'm proud non the less.
September 9th, 1999. A day that will live in infamy.
Return to Game Rooms & Home Theater